Flaine, Morzine or Chamonix for nightlife?

Old August 16th 03, 07:34 AM
ash

Default Flaine, Morzine or Chamonix for nightlife?

Neither Flaine nor Morzine has a particularly wild nightlife, in fact
Morzine only had one decent lively bar a couple of years ago so of the two I
would go for Flaine.
"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
So my plan to have a stag do in a ski area is 50% there with the flights
sorted.

Chamonix seems an obvious choice, but the requirement of staying in town

get the nightlife means hassle in the morning getting buses to the ski
slopes.

So can anyone comment on the nightlife in Morzine or Flaine? We will 11 30
something males, and as I'm organising they will want decent nightlife!

any thoughts? Verbier is out as accomodation is way to expensive.

cheers

greg

Old August 18th 03, 07:32 AM
Ace

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:41:13 GMT, Greg Hilton wrote:

So my plan to have a stag do in a ski area is 50% there with the flights
sorted.

So can anyone comment on the nightlife in Morzine or Flaine? We will 11 30
something males, and as I'm organising they will want decent nightlife!

Not Flaine, for sure. Just trust me on this, OK?

Morzine is slightly better, but not exactly wild, although it depends
on what you mean be 'decent', I suppose.

--
Ace in Alsace - bruce dot rogers at roche dot com
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk
Old August 18th 03, 09:25 PM
David Off

Greg Hilton wrote:
So my plan to have a stag do in a ski area is 50% there with the flights
sorted.

Chamonix seems an obvious choice

It does, doesn't it? I spent a season in Cham so I guess I know it
quite well. I think I've been to every bar and nightclub in town. If
you like mixing it with huge sweaty Scandies in Wild Wallabies it might
be your place. Don't expect to pull it has one of the lowest bird to
bloke ratios in the Alps (12:1 during the season). The Garage is
probably worth avoiding. The club down near the river isn't bad if they
have a band on (sorry I was always too drunk to remember the name).
Dicks-T bar, well I used to get in for free and get free drinks so I
can't complain. A lot of fights outside though so keep an eye on the
geezer getting married... and don't fall in the Arve as a few folks have
died doing that coming out of Dicks, allegedly.

Tradition is to finish up at Beluga or Midnight Express then through up
your grub on the frozen pavement!

Old August 19th 03, 10:05 AM
Jonathan Gogan

Ace, d'accord. not flaine. morzine is not 'happening' but is ok (think
worksop on a thursday ).
Jonathan

"Ace" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:41:13 GMT, Greg Hilton wrote:

So my plan to have a stag do in a ski area is 50% there with the flights
sorted.

So can anyone comment on the nightlife in Morzine or Flaine? We will 11 30
something males, and as I'm organising they will want decent nightlife!

Not Flaine, for sure. Just trust me on this, OK?

Morzine is slightly better, but not exactly wild, although it depends
on what you mean be 'decent', I suppose.

--
Ace in Alsace - bruce dot rogers at roche dot com
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the Ski
Club.

Old August 19th 03, 10:48 AM
Ace

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:05:32 +0100, "Jonathan Gogan"
wrote:

Ace, d'accord. not flaine. morzine is not 'happening' but is ok (think
worksop on a thursday ).
Jonathan

Neve been to Worksop[1], on a thursday or any other day, but I doubt
Morzine's _that_ bad :-)

[1] I'm from Derby, so I have probably passed through it on occasion.