Alta, Today, 02-07-05

Old February 8th 05, 12:40 AM
Jim Strohm

Default Alta, Today, 02-07-05

AstroPax wrote:

So I had to stop skiing around lunch time because I had an appointment
with my orthopedic surgeon so that he could tell me that I was clear
to resume skiing ;)

17" new of the Greatest Snow on Earth:

Bite me.

The Mac Mini showed up.

1.42 GHz of freshies

80 GB of freshies

Only 256 MB of freshies but that's only temporary -- the season total
will be 1 GB real soon now.

And 32 MB of back-bowl freshies that does 24-bit color to 2096 x 1832 or
some eye-chart extreme like that.

For less money than your season ticket, too.
Old February 8th 05, 12:53 AM
Dick Gozinya

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:33:11 -0700, AstroPax
wrote:

So I had to stop skiing around lunch time because I had an appointment
with my orthopedic surgeon so that he could tell me that I was clear
to resume skiing ;)

17" new of the Greatest Snow on Earth:

Alta, today, 02-07-05:

http://ski.astropax.com/04-05/alta_02-07-05_001.htm

Bwwaaahaaahaaaha !!!

-Astro

Unbelievable pics, great job Astro

"I am Homer of Borg. You will be assim...ooooohhh, donut"!
Old February 8th 05, 01:24 AM
Bob Lee

AstroPax said:

So I had to stop skiing around lunch time because I had an appointment
with my orthopedic surgeon so that he could tell me that I was clear
to resume skiing ;)

Dang, I missed you - I wondered if you were there. Did you see me -
telemarker in dark gray clothes, gloves, helmet? I hit Catherine's first,
then worked my way around and finished up the day with Eagles Nest and High
Nowhere. Pretty nice day.

17" new of the Greatest Snow on Earth:

Frankly, I thought it wasn't as dry as it could be. ;^) But for the first
new snow in a long time, it was good. Saturday I skied over Twin Lakes Pass
from BCC (with the ELM, who had his tux strapped to his pack and we were
carrying ridiculously fine bottles of tequila and scotch) and the LCC snow
was pretty...variable, what with the crust, corn, recrystallized, and slop.
You needed the snow.

I'm sorry I have to leave Tuesday, because it's still snowing pretty hard.

Bob
Old February 8th 05, 02:23 AM

In article twig.1107829461.47317@news,
Bob Lee writes:
Did you see me - telemarker in dark gray clothes, gloves, helmet?

He only keeps the good pictures...

bruno.
Old February 8th 05, 02:42 AM
Hank Sniadoch

Skiing Powder is not much fun .... I'd rather ski in the northeast where
it's truly a challenge ..... powder is too easy ....

Old February 8th 05, 08:18 PM
TCS

Skiing Powder is not much fun .... I'd rather ski in the northeast where
it's truly a challenge ..... powder is too easy ....

I'm sorry, Hank. I couldn't read all of your message. There were wet spots --
from tears?

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Colorado Springs - Gateway to Colorado Ski Country

Old February 9th 05, 02:05 PM
VtSkier

Bob Lee wrote:
(snip)

I did. Went to a great wedding at the Our Lady of the Snows Chapel on
Saturday. The wedding was why klaus was carrying a tux - he was in the
wedding party as the dog wrangler.

Oh, he took care of the bridesmaids? ducks and runs for cover

The procession after the ceremony
featured the happy couple going down the steps under hundreds of crossed
ski poles, then taking a run at Alta still dressed in tux and gown. It
was a real ski event - over a third of the people at the ceremony were
dressed in ski clothes - Arc'teryx, Cloudveil, Ibex, Marmot, and
Patagonia. The reception/dinner at the Cliff House was a blast - I sat
at a table of telemarkers, which was tucked discreetly up out of the way
so's not to disturb the fixed-heelers.

Bob

Old February 9th 05, 08:51 PM
Florian Ederer

"Hank Sniadoch" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Skiing Powder is not much fun .... I'd rather ski in the northeast where
it's truly a challenge ..... powder is too easy ....

Show me one challenging run in East and I'll show you a run that is longer,
steeper, icier and more dangerous in Europe. No offense to the NE but the
West, Alaska and Europe are still the places to be ... and I wish I was
there now, even though this makes me feel slightly better:

http://img.snow-forecast.com/images2...wnext3days.jpg

Florian Ederer
http://www.mit.edu/~ederer

Old February 9th 05, 09:47 PM
Hank Sniadoch

I was only kidding about skiing in the northeast being more fun .... but I
hate to differ with you, there is no place on the earth where skiing is
icier than in the northeast .... try skiing Bear Mt. at Killington .... you
say Europe has harder trails, I don't think so ....