Winter driving questions & weather report?

Old February 3rd 05, 12:41 PM
M@rtin

Default Winter driving questions & weather report?

Mark Jordan wrote:

I will be driving through Switzerland, parts of northern Italy,
Austria and southern Germany in late February / early March this

year
in my Volvo 850 T5.

I have driven in snowy conditions before and have a set of
snow-chains.

That sure comes in handy.

Is it essential for me to have winter-tyres for this trip? I can

get
hold of a set of winter wheels with Vredestien SnowTracs for a good
price if I need to.

You should get them, no doubt, unless you want to do it the same way

as
the dutch people ;-)!

Now, Dutch people actually do read this newsgroup ;-)

I guess you are used to that Dutch crowd that comes around one week a
year, ususally around this time of year. They spend a major fortune on
the ski rental and lift passes and twice that amount in the apres-ski
arena. And then trying to safe some money by using borrowed
snow-chains. I know them, they live here around me. I do apologize....

Good luck with that crowd next week!

B/R Martin
....who BTW missed his wintertires during his Swiss ski-vacation this
year due to the fact that he got a company car that did not have them
and that he will probably not have anymore next year. Following
Murphy's law, I had to put on the chains this year to get home....