Skis wanted

Old January 31st 05, 07:52 AM
Derrick Fawsitt

Default Skis wanted

Can you advise where to obtain the best value in buying Skis? Should I
use Ebay or are there better sites and places to look. I live in the UK
and I am searching for a particular brand and within a limited price
range. I should be most grateful for your advice.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old January 31st 05, 10:21 AM
Sammy

I know of someone with a pair of hardly-used Salomon Crossmaxs.
Interested?
Otherwise I'd try a shop that sells skis, they may be able to help.
Sammy

Old January 31st 05, 01:06 PM
Le Dieu

"Sammy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I know of someone with a pair of hardly-used Salomon Crossmaxs.
Interested?
Otherwise I'd try a shop that sells skis, they may be able to help.
Sammy

You're on 5%. Hell. Make it 10.

A. D.

Old January 31st 05, 02:33 PM
Rob White

I've a pair of Volkl 7.24 motions only 13 months old I'd consider selling if
you are interested. Just serviced and VGC. Genuine (really!!) reason for
sale.

Rob

Old January 31st 05, 02:56 PM
Iain Miller

"Sammy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I know of someone with a pair of hardly-used Salomon Crossmaxs.
Interested?

Which ones & how old?

I.

Old January 31st 05, 03:11 PM
Le Dieu

"Iain Miller" wrote in message

"Sammy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I know of someone with a pair of hardly-used Salomon Crossmaxs.
Interested?

Which ones & how old?

I think Sammy was referring to my 2004 Salomon Crossmax 8s, 175cm. They've
been skiied on for two days in Courmayeur (actually one at Courmayeur and
one at La Thuile/La Rosiere) and two hours at the Castleford Xscape. I
foolishly bought them too long for me and now really want something about
168. They are in near perfect condition with the notable addition of a Phil
Neville sticker mounted just in front of one of the bindings*. He would be
included at no extra cost but could also be lovingly removed by the vendor
if this somehow put you off.

*I put Phil on partly for inspiration out on the mountain, partly for
superstitious reasons, I always like to have a left and a right ski, but
mainly (in lieu of a lock - Sammy) as a theft deterrent.

A. D.

Old January 31st 05, 04:28 PM
Sammy

Le Dieu wrote:
They are in near perfect condition with the notable addition of a

Phil
Neville sticker mounted just in front of one of the bindings*. He

would be
included at no extra cost but could also be lovingly removed by the

vendor
if this somehow put you off.

*I put Phil on partly for inspiration out on the mountain, partly for

superstitious reasons, I always like to have a left and a right ski,

but
mainly (in lieu of a lock - Sammy) as a theft deterrent.

A. D.

Indeed I was referring to your skis, let me know if the sale completes.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Phil Neville? How does his sticker
help - you really shouldn't be looking at your ski tips, especially
when you are in a situation requiring inspiration :-)

Sammy

Old January 31st 05, 04:30 PM
Enotrio Pallanzo

I'm not sure I would suggest anyone to buy used skis on the web.
It is so simple to get to a shop, they will be eager to sell you something
they will have to guarantee for the next days you'll be skiing nearby.

And there's a chance you find out that a brand new pair of skis is for sale
at discounted price fully equipped with not much more pounds or euros than
you should budget for the used ones.

Have fun.

Enotrio

Old January 31st 05, 04:38 PM
Le Dieu

"Sammy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Le Dieu wrote:
They are in near perfect condition with the notable addition of a

Phil
Neville sticker mounted just in front of one of the bindings*. He

would be
included at no extra cost but could also be lovingly removed by the

vendor
if this somehow put you off.

*I put Phil on partly for inspiration out on the mountain, partly for

superstitious reasons, I always like to have a left and a right ski,

but
mainly (in lieu of a lock - Sammy) as a theft deterrent.

A. D.

Indeed I was referring to your skis, let me know if the sale completes.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Phil Neville?

I'm afraid he's a footballer. And not one blessed with a model's looks.

How does his sticker
help - you really shouldn't be looking at your ski tips, especially
when you are in a situation requiring inspiration :-)

I tend not to look at him too often. Just knowing he's there is inspiration
enough.

A. D.

Sammy

Old January 31st 05, 04:46 PM
Sammy

Le Dieu wrote:
"Sammy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Le Dieu wrote:
[...]

LOL, that's hilarious. I know him, he's the nasty one that kicks Reyes
and Pires off the park whenever they play Arsenal. Or maybe that's his
brother. Does anyone else have completely irrelevant stickers on their
skis?

Sammy