Body Recovery

Old December 18th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default Body Recovery

HOOD RIVER, Oregon (CNN) -- One of the climbers lost on Mt. Hood has
been found dead, according to local officials in Oregon.

Another snow cave contained no bodies, albeit, "two ice axes, a sleeping bag,
and rope were recovered." Besides Black Hawks, the Air Search includes
a C-130. "The C-130 has infrared imaging equipment that can sense body heat."
Since frozen dead bodies have no heat, that's a wrap folks. Nobody in their
right mind goes anywhere without an ice axe.

It's a body recovery. Couple of Texans and a New Yorker. Go figure.

On a related note, 2 'bilers were completely buried south of Jackson Hole in
the Grey's River drainage. One was dug up alive. The other was a body
recovery. This new **** isn't bonding to the November snow, and the slide
bed may be relevant into February.

Have a nice day!
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old December 18th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

Jeff Davis wrote:
HOOD RIVER, Oregon (CNN) -- One of the climbers lost on Mt. Hood has
been found dead, according to local officials in Oregon.

Another snow cave contained no bodies, albeit, "two ice axes, a sleeping bag,
and rope were recovered." Besides Black Hawks, the Air Search includes
a C-130. "The C-130 has infrared imaging equipment that can sense body heat."
Since frozen dead bodies have no heat, that's a wrap folks. Nobody in their
right mind goes anywhere without an ice axe.

The infrared imaging equipment is pretty useless in this type of search
and rescue anyway. People wearing winter weather gear just don't emit
much heat. The idea is to keep it all in. And even live bodies in a
snow cave can't been seen through the snow.

snoig

Old December 18th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

You are one dumb**** asshole. If you'd been around this neighborhood, you
would have found that all three had lengthy climbing resumes: where they
came from has nothing to do with the bad decisions they made to go out in
some brutal weather. No surprise it's a recovery. Hood kills people all
the time.
Funny thing is, most mountaineering types I've ever met didn't grow up next
door to a mountain.....and many of the bodies that get recovered are people
who are mountain locals.
I'm glad I climbed the thing in summer. Easy walk thirty years ago. Would
be a body recovery if I tried it today, and they wouldn't have to go very
far up the hill.

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

Old December 18th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article . com,
snoig wrote:

The infrared imaging equipment is pretty useless in this type of search
and rescue anyway. People wearing winter weather gear just don't emit
much heat. The idea is to keep it all in. And even live bodies in a
snow cave can't been seen through the snow.

It's a body recovery.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old December 18th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:22:41 -0800, "Two Buddha"
wrote:

Would be a body recovery if I tried it today, and they wouldn't have to go
very
far up the hill.

No, not very far, if even at all. Just to the nearest McDonalds.

Except instead of an abandoned snow cave, sleeping bag, and ice axes,
they would discover numerous discarded empty Big Mac, Quarter Pounder,
and Super-Sized French Fry boxes.

Boy, sure would be easy to identify Assholepax's body if HE was one of the
guys on Mt. Hood.
He'd be the one without any balls.

Old December 18th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

Jeff Davis wrote:
In article . com,
snoig wrote:

The infrared imaging equipment is pretty useless in this type of search
and rescue anyway. People wearing winter weather gear just don't emit
much heat. The idea is to keep it all in. And even live bodies in a
snow cave can't been seen through the snow.

It's a body recovery.

Well, yeah that's what I figure too. If the other two were alive they
would have been out waving down the the choppers today. Still, I'll
wait untill I hear more facts before I make up my mind about the
climbers.

snoig

Old December 18th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Two Buddha wrote:
You are one dumb**** asshole. If you'd been around this neighborhood, you
would have found that all three had lengthy climbing resumes: where they
came from has nothing to do with the bad decisions they made to go out in
some brutal weather. No surprise it's a recovery. Hood kills people all
the time.
Funny thing is, most mountaineering types I've ever met didn't grow up next
door to a mountain.....and many of the bodies that get recovered are people
who are mountain locals.
I'm glad I climbed the thing in summer. Easy walk thirty years ago. Would
be a body recovery if I tried it today, and they wouldn't have to go very
far up the hill.

Every now and them Scott writes something with which I totally agree.

Must be the holidays...

BTW, I'm considering putting up a menorah this year in protest of the
Fort Collins City Council decision.

Old December 18th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

AstroPax wrote:

Even easier to ID you...the one with the 38 DD manboobs.

Lugging bitch tits of that magnitude up Mt. Hood ? No chance.

Old December 18th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:52:03 -0800, "Two Buddha"
wrote:

Boy, sure would be easy to identify Assholepax's body if HE was one of the
guys on Mt. Hood.
He'd be the one without any balls.

Even easier to ID you...the one with the 38 DD manboobs.

Shame I couldn't ID YOU if I saw you. But you hide like the little bitch
you are.
One thing for su if I was as out of shape as you keep saying, you'd try
to bitchslap me. But since I can kick your ass on the best day of my life,
and we both know it, you just run. What a pathetic freak!

Old December 18th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Just wondering... From what I understand, nearly a million dollars has
been spent looking for these climbers. How much money should we waste
before we should leave 'em to the animals to eat?

Just wondering...