What is it with graphics on boards …..

Old December 1st 03, 02:59 PM
Yello snow

Default What is it with graphics on boards …..

What is it with graphics on boards ...

I was looking at the timeless, possibly the 161, as I'm worth it :-).
But I was taken aback by the graphics. I know the world is currently
taken over by Lord of the Rings mania, but please...

I'm not one to buy a board because it has great graphics – but I am
put off by big mussel bound green trolls either trying to kill a
further green mussel encrusted troll, or simply posing for Mr Universe
with a big ‘weapon'

Who does there market research, have they not realised that not all of
use are metal heads or teenagers ?

Yello
Old December 1st 03, 05:20 PM
Mike T

Who does there market research, have they not realised that not all of
use are metal heads or teenagers ?

rant

They probably *do* realize that, yet still think that such graphics will
sell more boards. I've said it before and I'll say it again: One way
to make money is to target your product at people who will buy it and
not use it very much. That way you don't spend a lot on product
support, warranties, etc. I believe more and more companies are using
this strategy on more and more of their product lines. In some cases
I've stopped buying from the larger manufactures altogether (boards),
and in some cases I've started hoarding older equipment (I have an extra
pair of 01-02 Salomon Malamutes that I'm saving for when my current pair
dies)

/rant

In any case, at the risk of sounding like a broken record (or a skipping
CD these days I guess!) you might look to a company like Donek for
something that IMHO would outperform the Timeless*, and you'd get to
choose your own graphics.

Mike T

* I took one demo run on a Timeless about 4 years ago, they might have
changed since then... or not.

Old December 2nd 03, 03:48 PM
Yello snow

I have looked at Donek, a couple of years ago. But the postage and
taxes where at the time prohibitive (I live in the UK). I did however
have another look at the web-site and they have sorted that issue out
– and the incline (which would seem to sort me out) comes in at £100
cheaper than the Timeless. :-)

Old December 2nd 03, 05:45 PM
Keith

"Yello snow" wrote in message
om...
I have looked at Donek, a couple of years ago. But the postage and
taxes where at the time prohibitive (I live in the UK). I did however
have another look at the web-site and they have sorted that issue out
- and the incline (which would seem to sort me out) comes in at £100
cheaper than the Timeless. :-)

I got a Donek shipped to the UK last season - watch out for the VAT that
Customs & Excise hit you with. I'd completely forgotten about that, but even
after that it still came in at some ludicrously low price for such a good
board.

Keith

Old December 3rd 03, 04:57 PM
Sean Martin

Keith,

I know that used to be a problem, but we've deloped price that includes all
the fees. So far it's been quite successfull. Anyone in the EU can get a
board and know exactly what it will cost before they purchase.

Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

http://www.donek.com/
phone:877-53-DONEK

"Keith" wrote in message
om...

Old December 3rd 03, 05:05 PM
Keith

"Sean Martin" wrote in message
t...
Keith,

I know that used to be a problem, but we've deloped price that includes

all
the fees. So far it's been quite successfull. Anyone in the EU can get a
board and know exactly what it will cost before they purchase.

Excellent! That's good to hear.

The board has been excellent, by the way. It's a far better board than I am
a boarder!

Keith

Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

http://www.donek.com/
phone:877-53-DONEK

"Keith" wrote in message
om...

Old December 6th 03, 06:19 PM
Brian

I'm not one to buy a board because it has great graphics - but I am

Unfortunately, you are in the minority, there. Sad, but true.

Brian.

Old December 6th 03, 09:13 PM
jaycb74

I agree, one of the other reason I bought my NeverSummer a few years ago was
that it had very simple plain graphics...i really like the look of it;.

om...

Hammer Boards Sam Snowboarding 0 November 15th 03 04:49 AM
kids on boards Mike Snowboarding 7 September 23rd 03 04:26 PM
Any good places to shop for boards online (pre-season specials?) Serena Snowboarding 2 September 14th 03 05:51 PM
Help with buying Kids boards tg Snowboarding 3 September 10th 03 12:00 AM
Newer Higher end boards jeff Snowboarding 0 August 14th 03 05:15 PM