Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe?

Old April 27th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
AES

Default Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe?

I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any ideas?

Thanks . . .
Old April 27th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Hal Murray

I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any ideas?

The California water people have a network of snow sensors
scattered over the Sierra including several in the Tahoe area.

They used to have the data online. I don't have a bookmark handy.

Old April 27th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Booker Bense[_2_]

In article ,
AES wrote:
I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any ideas?

I think both Squaw Valley and Kirkwood have a list for that.

http://www.squaw.com/winter/snowfall.html

Suprisingly enough, the Squaw one seems to be largely
reality-based as far as I can tell, most unusual for
a ski area.

_ Booker C. Bense
Old April 29th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Dave-in-Spokane

Booker Bense wrote:
In article ,
AES wrote:
I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any ideas?

I think both Squaw Valley and Kirkwood have a list for that.

http://www.squaw.com/winter/snowfall.html

Suprisingly enough, the Squaw one seems to be largely
reality-based as far as I can tell, most unusual for
a ski area.

_ Booker C. Bense

This site has pretty good information:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/...alifornia.html

or

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Nevada/nevada.html

for the Nevada side.

--
Dave
Old April 29th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
AES

Dave-in-Spokane " wrote:

Booker Bense wrote:

AES wrote:

I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008.

I think both Squaw Valley and Kirkwood have a list for that.

http://www.squaw.com/winter/snowfall.html

This site has pretty good information:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/...alifornia.html

or

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Nevada/nevada.html

for the Nevada side.

Thanks to all -- the Squaw Valley site has indeed exactly what I wanted
(at two different elevations, moreover) --- and I'll get to the others
eventually.

[This is of course related to the "science in everyday life/roadside
snowfall stratigraphy" posts I put up earlier. Sure wish I'd taken a
few quick photos when I was up there.]

Lake Tahoe Mike Alpine Skiing 13 July 7th 06 09:32 PM
Looking for skiers in Lake Tahoe Jan 13-16 Sandy Alpine Skiing (moderated) 4 January 10th 05 02:50 PM
Lake Tahoe A A North American Ski Resorts 2 February 20th 04 03:34 AM
in lake tahoe 1/25 Traz99999 Alpine Skiing 0 January 16th 04 12:31 PM
Lake Tahoe end Mar..beg Apr spike North American Ski Resorts 6 December 22nd 03 02:44 AM