rsam question

Old September 10th 03, 01:16 AM
AstroPax

On 9 Sep 2003 21:50:11 GMT, klaus wrote:

Maybe it's your newsserver that needs a wakeup call? Remember NNTP is
not a guaranteed protocol like email. Read your RFCs.

My posts to RSAM have gone through 100% of the time. But I use
xmission, so I suppose that might have something to do with it.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/users/hound/...3-04/index.htm
---

Old September 10th 03, 05:05 AM
Ernie

"klaus" wrote in message
In rec.skiing.alpine Ernie wrote:
"klaus" wrote in message
In rec.skiing.alpine.moderated pigo wrote:
I just, this morning, posted in relation to Jakes move and notice

that
some newer ones have come up but not mine.

Different posts go to different moderators, chosen at random, so it
will all depend when the moderator that got your post goes through
their queue. Just becauseother posts actually were posted later but
showed up sooner just means the moderator for theior post logged in
sooner. Right now I show three in the queue, two are yours, but they
are about the footbed question.

How does one post to RSAM? I replied to a post couple of weeks ago,
and I received a message that my post was rejected. I did have

"NOSPAM" in
my
address, could that be the problem? I now changed it to _NOSPAM.

Hmmmm.. that's odd... How did you get the return rejection messages
with a non repliable address? The software uses your given mail
address for the rejection/approval notice. I get a slew of returned
mail from nonrepliable messages. The rejection usually gives a reason
for rejection from the moderators as well... i.e. charter, crossposts,
spam, etc. Did it have that?? Do you still have a copy of the messages
and I can look into it.

In direct answer to your question about how to post.. it should be just
like any other newsgroup if your server is set up correctly. But I
think you figured that out since this post showed up.

-klaus

Klaus,

Thank you for all the work you put into getting RSAM going.

This discussion thread is in RSA and not in RSAM; my posting
here does not mean that I can post to RSAM.

Below I copied the message I tired to post to RSAM
several times. Each time I tried, I immediately
received a message saying something like the post was rejected because the
header did
not have the required format. I suppose the rejection could have come from
my ISP,
Charter.net, but I post to other news groups without any problems. But, who
knows,
there are many mysteries in this universe. Does RSAM require a valid E-mail
address?

Note that I change my address from to

there is an underline between Ernieman and nospam.
The real address is Ernieman @charter.net, remove spaces between Ernieman
and @charter.net.

I just noticed that Outlook express highlighted

as an E-mail address, but ignores
. That may be the key to the rejection
messages.

Regards,

Ernie

Old September 10th 03, 03:35 PM
lal_truckee

Ernie wrote:

This discussion thread is in RSA and not in RSAM; my posting
here does not mean that I can post to RSAM.

It's showing up in rsam on the German server ...

Old September 10th 03, 03:55 PM
klaus

"klaus" wrote in message

Hmmmm.. that's odd... How did you get the return rejection messages
with a non repliable address? The software uses your given mail
address for the rejection/approval notice. I get a slew of returned
mail from nonrepliable messages. The rejection usually gives a reason
for rejection from the moderators as well... i.e. charter, crossposts,
spam, etc. Did it have that?? Do you still have a copy of the messages
and I can look into it.

Hmmmmmm..I've put NOSPAM into my address. Does that mean that you (a
moderator)

IANAM.

might have rejected a post and I didn't receive the notice?

A moderator might have rejected your post and you would not receive a
notice since you have an unrepliable address.

Though I haven't posted anything that I think even the thin skinned
moderators would object to (IMO).

I wouldn't know. You'll have to see if you get a response from a thin
skinned moderator.

-klaus

Old September 10th 03, 03:55 PM
klaus

In rec.skiing.alpine.moderated Ernie wrote:

This discussion thread is in RSA and not in RSAM; my posting
here does not mean that I can post to RSAM.

Actually it is in both and I am seeing it in RSAM. Note what my
newsreader did in the attribution line above becasue I am replying
from RSAM.

Below I copied the message I tired to post to RSAM
several times. Each time I tried, I immediately
received a message saying something like the post was rejected because the
header did
not have the required format.

Could you forward this rejection message to me and I'll look into it.

I suppose the rejection could have come from
my ISP,
Charter.net, but I post to other news groups without any problems. But, who
knows,
there are many mysteries in this universe. Does RSAM require a valid E-mail
address?

No, it does not. And the fact that you get the rejection message
implies to me that it is coming from your end since STUMP wouldn't
even know where to reply.

-klaus

Old September 10th 03, 04:10 PM
lal_truckee

klaus wrote:

In rec.skiing.alpine.moderated pigo wrote:

Though I haven't posted anything that I think even the thin skinned
moderators would object to (IMO).

I wouldn't know. You'll have to see if you get a response from a thin
skinned moderator.

No thin skin here; just topic checking, offtopic rejecting, regular skin.

which reminds me:
ObSki: SamIAm posted a snowcam link for Loveland WITH SNOW, and I am
drooling here in the vault. It's been a long dreary hot miserable
summer, but it'll be over soon ... just a little while more; I think I
can hold on.

Old September 10th 03, 04:15 PM
klaus

In rec.skiing.alpine lal_truckee wrote:
ObSki: SamIAm posted a snowcam link for Loveland WITH SNOW, and I am
drooling here in the vault. It's been a long dreary hot miserable
summer, but it'll be over soon ... just a little while more; I think I
can hold on.

Loveland Smuvland...

http://www.instaweather.com/KUTV/def...ize=L&id=SOLMR

Kinda nice seeing everything dressed up in white again. Walked the dog
in Goretex and Sorels this morning..... snow falling...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

-klaus

Old September 10th 03, 05:10 PM
Sam Seiber

lal_truckee wrote:
which reminds me:
ObSki: SamIAm posted a snowcam link for Loveland WITH SNOW, and I am
drooling here in the vault. It's been a long dreary hot miserable
summer, but it'll be over soon ... just a little while more; I think I
can hold on.

That is green eggs and ham to you. ;-) Anyway, if anyone is looking for
the link, here it be:
http://www.sbseiber.com/love030909.jpg

Ha, snow at my beloved Loveland, neener, neener!
More falling on it RIGHT NOW!
Live cam he http://www.skiloveland.com/Cam/skiloveland.jpg

Sam "I ski Loveland" Seiber

MoreObSki: A-Basin joins the race to open first:
http://www.summitdaily.com/apps/pbcs...NEWS/309100101

Old September 10th 03, 08:50 PM
Ivan Rafn

"pigo" wrote in message
My posts haven't been showing up in rsam lately. I understand that I am
on the "physical approve" list. But they should get up eventually
shouldn't they? I was gone for a good part of last week and could have
missed some, but I don't think so.

I just, this morning, posted in relation to Jakes move and notice that
some newer ones have come up but not mine. That's not a biggee but the
pattern that some of mine haven't come up at all makes me wonder. Am I
stuck in a loop somewhere?

I answered the "It's all downhill from here..." 26-08.

Ddidn't show up either, not a big deal though (who can give mod a squirt of
water/ wakeup call?).

Old September 16th 03, 04:47 PM
pigo

wrote:
I just, this morning, posted in relation to Jakes move and notice

that
some newer ones have come up but not mine.

Different posts go to different moderators, chosen at random, so it
will all depend when the moderator that got your post goes through
their queue. Just becauseother posts actually were posted later but
showed up sooner just means the moderator for theior post logged in
sooner. Right now I show three in the queue, two are yours, but they
are about the footbed question.

I assumed much of that. And I didn't mean to try to rush anyone. In the
recent past I've had a couple never show. Maybe I didn't clear my
outbox, or I closed rather than sent or something stupid like that.

Thanks for looking into it. But please don't take my request as anything
more than curiosity. As, IMO there's not really anything earth
shattering that occurs here that makes my posts a must see.

pigo

RSAM seems to be open H. R. Bob Hofmann Alpine Skiing 8 May 3rd 04 09:08 AM
Dumb seasonal question - any advice? Tom Snowboarding 3 March 23rd 04 08:49 PM
Intro and question Ken Campbell Snowboarding 6 January 30th 04 07:53 PM
rsam question pigo Alpine Skiing 25 September 17th 03 01:41 AM
GS Ski Length Question ENORD Alpine Skiing 4 August 16th 03 06:14 PM