'Nother dumb question...

Old January 10th 05, 01:18 PM
Le Dieu

Default 'Nother dumb question...

Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's one of
those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around the skis. It
advertised itself as padded but there's barely any padding anywhere. How do
you stop the ski edges from tearing all your stuff to shreds in transport?
Any tips? Have pity on a stupid person. Thanks,

A. D.

Old January 10th 05, 01:23 PM
cupra

Le Dieu wrote:
Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's
one of those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around
the skis. It advertised itself as padded but there's barely any
padding anywhere. How do you stop the ski edges from tearing all your
stuff to shreds in transport? Any tips? Have pity on a stupid person.
Thanks,

A. D.

Insulation tape down the edges? Not sure of the best solution TBH, but have
you checked with your Insurance company that you'll be covered for the
clothes as well as the Skis? (I have head tales that some of the budget
insurance deals cover *just* the ski equipment in ski bags....)

Old January 10th 05, 01:27 PM
Le Dieu

" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's
one of those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around
the skis. It advertised itself as padded but there's barely any
padding anywhere. How do you stop the ski edges from tearing all your
stuff to shreds in transport? Any tips? Have pity on a stupid person.
Thanks,

A. D.

Insulation tape down the edges? Not sure of the best solution TBH, but
have
you checked with your Insurance company that you'll be covered for the
clothes as well as the Skis? (I have head tales that some of the budget
insurance deals cover *just* the ski equipment in ski bags....)

Two good tips there Cupra. Cheers.

A. D.

Old January 10th 05, 01:34 PM
cupra

Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time.
It's one of those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff
around the skis. It advertised itself as padded but there's barely
any padding anywhere. How do you stop the ski edges from tearing
all your stuff to shreds in transport? Any tips? Have pity on a
stupid person. Thanks,

A. D.

Insulation tape down the edges? Not sure of the best solution TBH,
but have
you checked with your Insurance company that you'll be covered for
the clothes as well as the Skis? (I have head tales that some of the
budget insurance deals cover *just* the ski equipment in ski
bags....)

Two good tips there Cupra. Cheers.

A. D.

No probs - did you decide where to head for?

Old January 10th 05, 01:34 PM
Ace

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:18:48 GMT, "Le Dieu" wrote:

Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's one of
those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around the skis. It
advertised itself as padded but there's barely any padding anywhere. How do
you stop the ski edges from tearing all your stuff to shreds in transport?
Any tips? Have pity on a stupid person. Thanks,

If you have those little velcro straps to hold the skis together this
won't be a problem as the edges will be firmly pressed to each other.
When we fly with skis (rare these dayas but we did when we went to
Canada at xmas) I always also strap the (2 pairs of) skis and poles
together in the bag, and my bag has no less than three sets of straps
on the outside too.

Get 'em secure enough and they won't be able to move, so no damage
will be possible.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 10th 05, 01:51 PM
Paul Healy

"Le Dieu" wrote in message
Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's one
of those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around the skis.
It advertised itself as padded but there's barely any padding anywhere.
How do you stop the ski edges from tearing all your stuff to shreds in
transport? Any tips? Have pity on a stupid person. Thanks,

A. D.

I've been using my trusty old Kiss plastic ski tube since 1987. It protects
the skis well and is stronger than the newer Sportstube.

Old January 10th 05, 02:01 PM
James Hart

Le Dieu wrote:
Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's
one of those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around
the skis. It advertised itself as padded but there's barely any
padding anywhere. How do you stop the ski edges from tearing all your
stuff to shreds in transport? Any tips? Have pity on a stupid person.
Thanks,

Put a pair of trousers over the skis, I use my old pair of salopettes, they
make a good layer of padding to keep the rest of the stuff away from the
skis.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

Old January 10th 05, 02:22 PM
Bill Seddon

James Hart wrote:
Le Dieu wrote:

Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's
one of those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around
the skis. It advertised itself as padded but there's barely any
padding anywhere. How do you stop the ski edges from tearing all your
stuff to shreds in transport? Any tips? Have pity on a stupid person.
Thanks,

Put a pair of trousers over the skis, I use my old pair of salopettes, they
make a good layer of padding to keep the rest of the stuff away from the
skis.

Isn't this what towels are made for?

Bill
Old January 10th 05, 08:36 PM
Rod Jenkins

"Le Dieu" wrote in message
Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's one

of
those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around the skis....

Just a cautionary note: When we went to Madonna last year, all the ski,
board and boot bags were bumped off the plane and did not turn up in the
resort for 3 days. Fortunatley for us we had packed our boots in our normal
luggage and only had to hire skis and poles, but those who packed their
pants and jackets in their ski/board bags were in deep trouble.

Rod

Old January 10th 05, 09:03 PM
Le Dieu

"Rod Jenkins" wrote in message
"Le Dieu" wrote in message
Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's one

of
those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around the
skis....

Just a cautionary note: When we went to Madonna last year, all the ski,
board and boot bags were bumped off the plane and did not turn up in the
resort for 3 days. Fortunatley for us we had packed our boots in our
normal
luggage and only had to hire skis and poles, but those who packed their
pants and jackets in their ski/board bags were in deep trouble.

Rod

Thanks for all the hints guys. Useful.

A. D.

Dumb seasonal question - any advice? Tom Snowboarding 3 March 23rd 04 08:49 PM
Intro and question Ken Campbell Snowboarding 6 January 30th 04 07:53 PM
a movie question (freestyle/extreme) Noumenon Alpine Skiing 0 November 16th 03 11:16 AM
Dumb Question Jeff J. Nordic Skiing 15 September 18th 03 12:15 AM
GS Ski Length Question ENORD Alpine Skiing 4 August 16th 03 06:14 PM