Can I use Pilot boots with Profile bindings?

Old December 17th 04, 05:06 PM
Bob Monroe

Default Can I use Pilot boots with Profile bindings?

Greetings from a group newbie.

On a recent trip to Devils Thumb Ranch in Tabernash Colorado I rented a
pair of Salomon skating boots that I liked so much I bought them and
took them home with me. Unfortunatly, I didn't realize at the time that
the Pilot bindings they are made for are so expensive (about $100). I
would like to buy an inexpensive pair of Salomon bindings to use the
boots with my old touring skis as well as the new skating skis that I'm
hoping to get. (The 20 year old addidas bindings on the skis are shot,
as are my old boots). I still like the skis, though, as they work well
in rough conditions.

Here's my question: There seem to be plentiful SNS profile bindings
available for sale on eBay. Is there any chance that they will work
with the Pilot boots? If I were to remove the second bar on the bottom
of the boots would they be likely to work?
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Monroe

Old December 17th 04, 05:13 PM
Bob Monroe

D'oh. Finally figured out how to search properly through Google Groups
and found the following very helpful information from a previous post:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...7e1d056b6ca5b1

The common wisdom seems to be that yes, pilot bindings are backwardly
compatible with older profile bindings.
Thanks for not flaming.

-- Bob Monroe

Old December 17th 04, 06:35 PM
sknyski

Welcome to the "no flame zone" (sort of).

DO NOT cut the second bar off the bottom of the boots.

The boots will work fine with Profil (no 'e') bindings. Or, if you're
going the eBay route, I'm sure you can find a set of Pilot bindings for
about $50.

bt