Skier Visits Numbers for Europe and Japan?

Old May 13th 04, 04:38 AM
Dale

Default Skier Visits Numbers for Europe and Japan?

Anybody know where to get skier visits numbers for European ski resorts?
According to jargon, a skier visit is basically one lift ticket for one day.
It's pretty easy to find these numbers for US resorts, but I'm not finding
much on European resorts, even less for Japan. Maybe I'm not using the
correct search terms.

Here's what I've found on the web so far,

Japan: Naeba 2,500,000

France: La Plagne 2,662,000
France: Tignes 1,667,000
France: Les Arcs 1,578,000
France: Les Menuires 1,459,000
France: Grand Massif 1,285,000
France: Meribel 1,073,000
France: Paisey-Vallandry 334,000
France: Chamonix 1,126,000

Italy: Courmayeur 397,000

Switzerland: Verbier 1,008,000
Switzerland: Saas Fee 496,000

Germany: Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang 1,850,000

Andorra: Pas de la Casa-Grau Roig 980,000
Andorra: Soldeu-el Tarter 715,000
Andorra: Pal-Arinsal 545,000
Andorra: Ordino-Arcalis 240,000

Old May 19th 04, 05:16 PM
Carl_M

"Dale" wrote in message ...
Anybody know where to get skier visits numbers for European ski resorts?
According to jargon, a skier visit is basically one lift ticket for one day.
It's pretty easy to find these numbers for US resorts, but I'm not finding
much on European resorts, even less for Japan. Maybe I'm not using the
correct search terms.

I don't have any figures but be aware that many european resorts are
interlinked and therefore what classes as a single resort may not be
obvious. For example Meribel, is surrounded by satalite villages such
as Meribel Motteret, Meribel Altiport, & Meribel Village they may or
not be included in the figures. Most people at Meribel will buy a 3
valley pass that covers them to ski in the Courchevel and Val Thorens
valleys (and people sking in Meribel could have bought their pass in
Courchevel). Depending on what you are using the data for you may
need to add the figures up.

I also find that Americans tend to be more interested in statistics
than Europeans (an probably Japanese). All I want to know when going
to a ski resort is, is there enough terrain to keep me from getting
bored during my stay and there so many people that the lifts and/or
pistes struggle to cope with the numbers. While looking at lift
output, skier visits and miles of terrain might help in determining
this I rely on what other say.

Carl

Old May 22nd 04, 07:07 PM
Dale

"Carl_M" wrote in message
om...
"Dale" wrote in message

[...]

This is for a business venture. I need to be able to project sales of a new
ski area relatted product. For good cash flow I need to be able to start
with the largest resorts. I expect I'll have to contact each resort
separately, but maybe I can make an educated guess based on lift capacity.

Old May 24th 04, 09:41 AM
David Off

Dale wrote:

This is for a business venture. I need to be able to project sales of a new
ski area relatted product. For good cash flow I need to be able to start
with the largest resorts. I expect I'll have to contact each resort
separately, but maybe I can make an educated guess based on lift capacity.

Visitor numbers for France are available from the French Ministry of
Tourism and the French Lift Companies Organisation: SNTF. Google should
give you more details.
Old June 2nd 04, 02:07 AM
Dale

"David Off" wrote in message
Dale wrote:

This is for a business venture. I need to be able to project sales of a

new
ski area relatted product. For good cash flow I need to be able to start
with the largest resorts. I expect I'll have to contact each resort
separately, but maybe I can make an educated guess based on lift

capacity.

Visitor numbers for France are available from the French Ministry of
Tourism and the French Lift Companies Organisation: SNTF. Google should
give you more details.

Aha! Thanks, I'll check it out.

Old June 11th 04, 02:33 PM
Florian Anwander

Hi Dale

Statistics like that should be available at department for economy of
the related country. In the federal organized countries like Germany,
Austria and Switzerland assumingly the corresponding federal offices in
the federal states (those are called "Land" for Germany and Austria,
"Kanton" for Switzerland).

For Germany it should be enough to ask in Bavaria:
Ministry for Economy, Infrastructure, Transport and Technologie
See http://www.bayern.de/English/

For Austria, you might look on the pages of the different states. E.g.
for tyrol:
http://www.tirol.gv.at/default.shtml or
http://www.tirol.gv.at/organisation/index.shtml
(only german)

Germany: Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang 1,850,000

The affiliation of Austria with the German Hitler-"Reich", which might
have caused that Saalbach is counted as an german ressort, ended in
1945. Since then the Austrians appreciate to be recongnized as a
souvereign country. ;-)

SCNR

Florian

--
mail an "fanwander AT mnet MINUS online PUNKT de"