To anyone who posts in RSA

Old July 18th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Kurt Knisely

Default To anyone who posts in RSA

(Eugene Miya) wrote in news:44bd2d63$1@darkstar:

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:

"the potential to be greater than the size of Vail and Beaver
Creek, with today's reality --

But you see expansion there is an attractant to keep them there.
It's an tolerable buffer zone compared to nothing.

Sure, but they never seem to stop. 'nother couple-10 years, the McMansions
will be knocking at my door too...unless we run out of H2O.

('glad I'm in a different drainage, but they're still taking our water)

Just got back from the Owens Valley.

Yea you really know about that in Cali.

Vail - The new Park City

Go for it.

I drop off my recycling in PC, hit the liquor store and sometimes a nice
slice of Ahi. No other real reasons to head over that way.

-K

Old July 18th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Yabahoobs

Wow.

I had no idea such explosive irresponsible development was STILL
occuring in the Cottonwood Canyons.

TRIPLE the rooms in Snowbird ?? Where are they gonna put em ? On the
other side of the canyon ? LoL...

Does anyone think this is even remotely possible ?? Wouldn't the USFS
laugh at the idea? Besides ? How in god's name are they gonna justify
expanding the road to meet the needs of this grand vision Dick Bass
seems to have ? There's no way...PLEASE tell me...There's no way it's
gonna happen.

Oh and by the way Eugene...Xxxx. I have learned. Did I mention how
awesome Vail and Beaver Creek are ? ;-)

Old July 18th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Eugene Miya

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:
"the potential to be greater than the size of Vail and Beaver
Creek, with today's reality --

But you see expansion there is an attractant to keep them there.
It's an tolerable buffer zone compared to nothing.

Sure, but they never seem to stop. 'nother couple-10 years, the McMansions
will be knocking at my door too...unless we run out of H2O.

Yea you really know about that in Cali.

Over the years I have become privvy to some of the kids of the guys who
dynamited the aquduct. It didn't change anything.

Vail - The new Park City

Go for it.

I drop off my recycling in PC, hit the liquor store and sometimes a nice
slice of Ahi. No other real reasons to head over that way.

Drop the demon alcohol Brother!

It amazes me that my old man spent a lot of time in the Heber area.
And he was amazed at the ski inudstry (which he thought was a waste of time).

Old July 18th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Eugene Miya

In article . com,
Yabahoobs wrote:
Wow.

No no no, it's like this:

I had no idea such explosive irresponsible development was STILL
occuring in the Xxxxx Xxxxx

TRIPLE the rooms in Xxxxx ?? Where are they gonna put em ? On the
other side of the canyon ? LoL...

Does anyone think this is even remotely possible ?? Wouldn't the USFS
laugh at the idea? Besides ? How in god's name are they gonna justify
expanding the road to meet the needs of this grand vision Dick Bass
seems to have ? There's no way...PLEASE tell me...There's no way it's
gonna happen.

Oh and by the way Eugene...Xxxx. I have learned.
Did I mention how awesome Vail and Beaver Creek are ? ;-)

Good start, but you have to work on it.

I would also mentioned Xxxxx, but that would be telling.

Praise Vail.

Old July 18th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Yabahoobs

Eugene Miya wrote:

Sure, but they never seem to stop. 'nother couple-10 years, the McMansions
will be knocking at my door too...unless we run out of H2O.

Maybe the long awaited / expected WaXXXXX Front earthquake will come
and shake all the stupid McMansions down the mountains a couple hundred
feet. Everyone I know tells me they're (Heber / PC / WaXXXXX Blvd
types) built on the geological equivilent of sand.

Hey...one can hope. Im only 27 and have seen this area absolutely
amaze me at the pace and scope of construction / expansion and overall
"discovery" in the last 5 years , let alone 20. I can't imagine what
it's like being a native, 50-60 years old and having to witness all
this.

Praise be to Vail, Mecca of all skiing, "shredding"and all other snow
borne coolness.

Old July 18th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
klaus

Eugene Miya wrote:

I would also mentioned Xxxxx, but that would be telling.

Now you've gone and done it. TMI.

Praise Vail.

Amen, brother.

"_F_xp10sives. We need more _F_xp10sives." - Hayduke.

Parse that hOMELAND DooDS. hah!

-klaus

Old July 19th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Eugene Miya

In article ,
klaus wrote:
Eugene Miya wrote:
I would also mentioned Xxxxx, but that would be telling.

Now you've gone and done it. TMI.

Too much data, but never too much information.

Praise Vail.

Amen, brother.

You got that.

"_F_xp10sives. We need more _F_xp10sives." - Hayduke.

I need to work on getting to Gunsight and trying an RPG.

Parse that hOMELAND DooDS. hah!

Reminds me, I have to phone an ex-boss there.

Old July 19th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Eugene Miya

In article . com,
Yabahoobs wrote:
Eugene Miya wrote:

well actually some one else wrote that:
Sure, but they never seem to stop. 'nother couple-10 years, the McMansions
will be knocking at my door too...unless we run out of H2O.

Maybe the long awaited / expected WaXXXXX Front earthquake will come
and shake all the stupid McMansions down the mountains a couple hundred
feet. Everyone I know tells me they're (Heber / PC / WaXXXXX Blvd
types) built on the geological equivilent of sand.

Its a serious fault. My aunt and one of my cousins still lives in the
smallest house in Cottonwood Heights.

Hey...one can hope. Im only 27 and have seen this area absolutely
amaze me at the pace and scope of construction / expansion and overall
"discovery" in the last 5 years , let alone 20. I can't imagine what

Olympics.
it's like being a native, 50-60 years old and having to witness all
this.

You'd have to ask my relatives.

Praise be to Vail, Mecca of all skiing, "shredding"and all other snow
borne coolness.

Very good. Use care with the Mecca word.
You have to use care in some circles with "shredding."

Old July 19th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Eugene Miya

Default was: To anyone who posts in RSA

dynamite

Useful skill.

In article ,
Elder Kurt Knisely wrote:
They'd be terrorists now, vs. pranksters. 'Might find a nice little crib
in Gitmo?

Freedom fighters.

Actually I expect to see more Columbine style problems in high schools.
I think we will have bigger problems with our own populice.
But ****ing off the Middle Easterners won't help.

It amazes me that my old man spent a lot of time in the Heber area.

I'm surprised as well. Not a large Asian community in Heber :-). There
are certainly some descendants of miners around though.

I think it was the rail road in our case in the SLC Valley.
I got the saw rail road ties for fuel and walk 5 miles in the snow talks.
Which likely was real.

And he was amazed at the ski industry (which he thought was a waste of
time).

Only reason I live here...for the skiing, not necessarily the industry. At
this point, the main part of the industry is second homes/condos.

It's the building trade.
Greater ranges Elder Kurt.

From climbing:
The future of Yosemite climbing lies not in Yosemite, but in using
the new techniques in the great granite ranges of the world.
--Yvon Chouinard, 1963

One of these days I want to go on a Greenland trip and an Chilean trip
(for work).