Woman suspected in the Vail's Two Elk Mountain Lodge in 1998

Old December 14th 05, 05:50 AM

Default Woman suspected in the Vail's Two Elk Mountain Lodge in 1998

Ted Waldron wrote:

I think people on this NG about this fire, and the debate it caused.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/APW...D8EFPI802.html

Woman suspected in several ecoterror cases

By JEFF BARNARD
Associated Press Writer
EUGENE, Ore. ‹ A woman charged with damaging a transmission tower also
is suspected in half a dozen other ecoterror crimes, including a
firebombing at a Colorado ski resort, one of the costliest such crimes
in the U.S...

I wonder if she could have been involved in torching a mess of SUVs at
dealerships down here last year or the year before. A man and woman escaped,
leaving some poor schlub of a Caltech student holding the bag. Kid got 8
years even though he turned the pair of instigators in.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 14th 05, 02:41 PM

The Real Bev wrote:
Ted Waldron wrote:

I think people on this NG about this fire, and the debate it caused.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/APW...D8EFPI802.html

Woman suspected in several ecoterror cases

By JEFF BARNARD
Associated Press Writer
EUGENE, Ore. ‹ A woman charged with damaging a transmission tower also
is suspected in half a dozen other ecoterror crimes, including a
firebombing at a Colorado ski resort, one of the costliest such crimes
in the U.S...

I wonder if she could have been involved in torching a mess of SUVs at
dealerships down here last year or the year before. A man and woman
escaped, leaving some poor schlub of a Caltech student holding the bag.
Kid got 8 years even though he turned the pair of instigators in.

As well he should if he's mentally sound and over 18. The fact that
there's more blame to go around doesn't diminish his culpability.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"
Old December 15th 05, 04:06 AM

Chuck wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Ted Waldron wrote:

[...]

It wasn't clear that he knew what was going to happen until it was too late.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old December 15th 05, 03:56 PM

The Real Bev wrote:
Chuck wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Ted Waldron wrote:

[...]

It's never too late. When you realize you're being bamboozled into an
illegal activity, you leave. If you can't leave then you don't
participate, and you contact the authorities as soon as it's safe to do so.

I was in one of these situations myself about 30 years ago where some
guys I was hanging around with wanted to pick up another friend. When we
got there nobody was home and it became obvious that they were there to
burglarize the house. The situation did not allow for me to leave so I
simply didn't participate. When I got away from them I immediately
reported the incident to both the owner of the house and the police.
Needless to say I never hung out with those guys again. This student
should have done the same.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"