SKIING IN SLOVENIA

Old October 24th 05, 06:01 PM
Flavio Silva

Default SKIING IN SLOVENIA

Guys,

I've heard that skiing there is quite unexpensive.

Could anyone gine extra info on Slovenia skiing?
Thanks,
Flavio

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 25th 05, 01:18 PM
Lei

"Flavio Silva" wrote in message

I've heard that skiing there is quite unexpensive.
Could anyone gine extra info on Slovenia skiing?

It true that, compared to Austria or Italy, it's not expensive, however
ski resorts are not so good. For one day, or weekend skiing, Slovenia is ok,
but for something more.... I'm afraid not

If you need more information or you need more details - just ask.

Regards,

Lei
--

Skijanje.hr
Croatian Ski/Board Magazine

Old October 25th 05, 02:10 PM
MoonMan

Lei wrote:
"Flavio Silva" wrote in message

I've heard that skiing there is quite unexpensive.
Could anyone gine extra info on Slovenia skiing?

It true that, compared to Austria or Italy, it's not expensive,
however ski resorts are not so good. For one day, or weekend skiing,
Slovenia is ok, but for something more.... I'm afraid not

If you need more information or you need more details - just ask.

OK, when does the season normally start in slovenia? it's just that I may
have to go there on Business and I don't mind carrying my skis/boots

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old October 25th 05, 02:27 PM
Lei

"MoonMan" wrote in message

OK, when does the season normally start in slovenia? it's just that I may
have to go there on Business and I don't mind carrying my skis/boots

Depends on a snow conditions (what a smart answer ;-)), but usually end of
December, when most of the resorts are opening. Some of them depend on
natural snow, so sometimes season begins in January. The peak of the season
is around February, and it usually ends begging of April.

Have in mind that Slovenia is near Croatia, so there are lots of weekend
skiers and the queues tend to be really huge. Last year around Xmas we
waited almost 2 hours in a line for a cable-car !!! ((

Regards,

Lei

Old October 26th 05, 11:45 AM
Switters

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:10:25 GMT, "MoonMan"
allegedly wrote:

Lei wrote:
"Flavio Silva" wrote in message

I've heard that skiing there is quite unexpensive.
Could anyone gine extra info on Slovenia skiing?

It true that, compared to Austria or Italy, it's not expensive,
however ski resorts are not so good. For one day, or weekend skiing,
Slovenia is ok, but for something more.... I'm afraid not

If you need more information or you need more details - just ask.

OK, when does the season normally start in slovenia? it's just that I
may have to go there on Business and I don't mind carrying my
skis/boots

I was at Lake Bohinj in the summer and had a look at one of the areas
there. It didn't look particularly challenging within the lift served
terrain, but I saw lots of scope for some backcountry if you knew where to
go. A local would be useful :-)

Nice place though.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

Old October 26th 05, 11:56 AM
Lei

"Switters" wrote in message

I was at Lake Bohinj in the summer and had a look at one of the areas
there. It didn't look particularly challenging within the lift served
terrain, but I saw lots of scope for some backcountry if you knew where to
go. A local would be useful :-)

This is true... ski resorts around Bohinj (Vogel, Kobla) are not so good -
very few and very old lifts, only natural snow (snow-making not allowed
since this is natural park). However, Switters is right - when conditions
are right, this is probably the most beautiful place in Slovenia for
backcountry skiing.

If someone is looking for the best ski-resort in Slovenia, I would
recommend Krvavec (near Ljubljana), Pohorje (near Maribor, night-skiing best
in Slovenia) and Cerkno (west Slovenia).

Regards,

Lei

Old October 27th 05, 05:53 AM
Switters

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:56:03 GMT, "Lei" allegedly
wrote:

"Switters" wrote in message

I was at Lake Bohinj in the summer and had a look at one of the areas
there. It didn't look particularly challenging within the lift
served terrain, but I saw lots of scope for some backcountry if you
knew where to go. A local would be useful :-)

This is true... ski resorts around Bohinj (Vogel, Kobla) are not so
good -
very few and very old lifts, only natural snow (snow-making not
allowed since this is natural park). However, Switters is right - when
conditions are right, this is probably the most beautiful place in
Slovenia for backcountry skiing.

I climbed up Mt Sija from the Vogel area, and the terrain on the other
side looked really nice. A local guide told me that a lot of people climb
up there in the winter as the lifts don't go high enough.

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM