Lake Tahoe plans

Old January 28th 11, 05:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

Default Lake Tahoe plans

On Jan 27, 5:19 pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 01/27/2011 11:46 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 27, 5:29 am, wrote:
On Jan 26, 8:06 pm, wrote:

On 1/26/11 1:39 PM, nogodforme wrote:

To put those gossips together, I've deducted the place is the top part
of "Dipper Bowl," a treed black run under the Dipper express. If the
day like today or recently, it is most likely NOT SKIABLE, (as now,
all heavenly mogul hills are closed). If Bono was skiing on the day
like today, he would probably enjoy the trail runs with high speed,
but if he peered off into the trees without checking his speed first,
that would spell disaster; apparently, that might be what did him in.
The trees under recent condition (bumpy hard surfaces) is not skiable,
can't turn, and slippery won't stop. And the rumor has it that they
cut down the tree, but I cannot find a tree stump there.

Trees, eh?
I think I've skied Orion. I know I've skied the trees in and
around Olympic. In fact there's a video of me doing so on my
facebook page.

But you don't recognize your own tree skiing on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnt7-HHiuk

Actually, I like your first part of tree skiing better, but I
accidental shut out the switch, sorry; the top part of the trees are
tighter.

As an eastern skier I find the trees (generally)
at California/Nevada resort to be so far apart that I can make
three to five turns before I have to dodge a tree. Tree runs
around here require one turn per tree. Unless it's called a
'glade', then you can make a few turns before you have to
dodge.

Well, some people ski trees is to find an empty space in the trees and
ski and make turns on it, but my idea of tree skiing is to ski/turn
"around" the trees. The Galaxy trees remain my favor spot for tree
skiing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2sYwy4drxQ

have fun,
IS
Old January 28th 11, 06:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jan 28, 10:02*am, pigo wrote:
On Jan 27, 7:55*pm, David Stallard wrote:

Michael Kennedy, no loss. *A man who has intercourse with his family's
14-yr old babysitter is no man at all.

Is he more of a man than scum that forces his brother to?

Geez, and who would you be referring to? Didn't take you long to go
back to that disgusting, despicable, vile lie. Of course, you didn't
have the nads to do so when I set up FIVE separate meets in Utah. You
hid in your basement, diapered up, and shut your disgusting mouth.
Because you are no man at all. How disgusting. How vile. How
perverted. How Brain Fried Bob Thompson, dickless coward and deranged
stalker.
EMERGENCY GOLF TRIP!!!!!!
Old January 28th 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
nogodforme

Well, some people ski trees is to find an empty space in the trees and
ski and make turns on it, but my idea of tree skiing is to ski/turn
"around" the trees. The Galaxy trees remain my favor spot for tree
skiing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2sYwy4drxQ

have fun,
IS

Great videos. I think he slipped and smashed into the tree. Or he
lost track of how close the tree was and couldn't turn in time. At
The Canyons, they have signs up with a picture of a tree saying
objects are closer than they appear. And yes, I think they cut the
tree down and ground the stump at Heavenly leaving nothing.

The reason why this story keeps coming up is the conspiracy behind it
all, that thugs beat up Sonny and left him near the tree like a James
Bond movie.
http://investigation.discovery.com/b...onny_bono.html
That sounds absolutely ridiculous that Sonny would be skiing, then
disappear where thugs beat him up with a gun and no one heard it. Or
they did it somewhere else and magically got him up the mountain.
I'm standing up there at the start of Orion with all those people
around, and I'm saying no way could there be a James Bond style hit.
Old January 28th 11, 07:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Bond movie.http://investigation.discovery.com/b...lved/sonny_bon...
That sounds absolutely ridiculous that Sonny would be skiing, then
disappear where thugs beat him up with a gun and no one heard it. *Or
they did it somewhere else and magically got him up the mountain.
I'm standing up there at the start of Orion with all those people
around, and I'm saying no way could there be a James Bond style hit.

Geez, that sounds like a Diaper Bob Thompson fantasy of what he thinks
would happen to him if he ever manned up and spewed his **** in
person. Maybe an Alan Baker story perfect to tell to the cops.
Gotta be some reason that these pussies have never manned up and
spewed their **** in person. Hell, I just set eight separate meets on
mountains and not a one of them showed up.
Old January 28th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On Jan 27, 5:29 am, wrote:
On Jan 26, 8:06 pm, wrote:

On 1/26/11 1:39 PM, nogodforme wrote:

To put those gossips together, I've deducted the place is the top part
of "Dipper Bowl," a treed black run under the Dipper express. If the
day like today or recently, it is most likely NOT SKIABLE, (as now,
all heavenly mogul hills are closed). If Bono was skiing on the day
like today, he would probably enjoy the trail runs with high speed,
but if he peered off into the trees without checking his speed first,
that would spell disaster; apparently, that might be what did him in.
The trees under recent condition (bumpy hard surfaces) is not skiable,
can't turn, and slippery won't stop. And the rumor has it that they
cut down the tree, but I cannot find a tree stump there.

I don't like bumps when they are icy hard either. Way
too much work. I do remember skiing a trail at Killington,
feeling that it was way too much work with the icy bump
and chicken heads and all (not to mention steep with
a double fall line) and looking up the hill to see a
patrolman stringing a rope across it to close it.

Trees, eh?
I think I've skied Orion. I know I've skied the trees in and
around Olympic. In fact there's a video of me doing so on my
facebook page.

But you don't recognize your own tree skiing on youtube?

As far as I know you didn't post any tree skiing, only
trail skiing on youtube. I remember asking you why and
you said the tree skiing clip had my face on it and you
didn't want to compromise my privacy. I thought this
a good answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnt7-HHiuk

Actually, I like your first part of tree skiing better, but I
accidental shut out the switch, sorry; the top part of the trees are
tighter.

I remember the whole run as a whale of a good time.

As an eastern skier I find the trees (generally)
at California/Nevada resort to be so far apart that I can make
three to five turns before I have to dodge a tree. Tree runs
around here require one turn per tree. Unless it's called a
'glade', then you can make a few turns before you have to
dodge.

Well, some people ski trees is to find an empty space in the trees and
ski and make turns on it, but my idea of tree skiing is to ski/turn
"around" the trees. The Galaxy trees remain my favor spot for tree
skiing.

I happen to like the idea of skiing "around" the trees,
but I've had a bit of trouble looking at something and
then hitting it or coming too close for comfort. My compromise
is to look at the spaces but be aware of the trees.

By the way, it's too bad that you didn't get the incident
of me trying to embed pine in my helmet. I bet that was
a gas to watch, especially with regard to the present
conversation.

Oh, and I've got brandy new skis this week. Believe it or
not, I've actually broken my Atomic Metrons. Or rather, I
broke and edge on each ski.

The replacements are Nordica Hot Rod Jet Fuel. Two layers
of titanal, 84mm underfoot and at least as heavy as the
Atomics. Oh, and the Atomic had several core shots as well
as the broken edges and I didn't use them for early season
skiing. I guess I'll just have to be a bit more careful.

Old January 28th 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 01/28/2011 01:49 PM, snowbender wrote:
On Jan 27, 5:19 pm, wrote:

(snip)

You did post it, but cut it down a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnt7-HHiuk
Thanks.
Old January 28th 11, 09:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Stalker Dickless Richard Walsh spewed some real ****:

As far as I know you didn't post any tree skiing, only
trail skiing on youtube. I remember asking you why and
you said the tree skiing clip had my face on it and you
didn't want to compromise my privacy. I thought this
a good answer.

Holy ****, irony meter runs head first into a tree.
This is the same Dickless Walsh who posted my home address to help a
freak find me....a freak who had threatened to kill me.
And this amoral psychopathic pathologically lying cowardly piece of
**** is complimenting someone for not comprimising his privacy?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
Irony meter posts this asshole's home mountain. Oooops, forgot, he
keeps bragging about Killington.
One thing for su when he thinks about coming to my neighborhood, he
never stops by that address. Because he could get what he deserves.
PPPPPPUUUUUUUSSSSSSYYYYYY!!!!!!
Old January 28th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 28, 2:49*pm, VtSkier wrote:

I happen to like the idea of skiing "around" the trees,
but I've had a bit of trouble looking at something and
then hitting it or coming too close for comfort. My compromise
is to look at the spaces but be aware of the trees.

That is legitimate explaination when trying to "teach" someone to "ski
the trees". Humorously we'd explain that you ski the spaces, *not* the
trees. But it is a fact that you go where you look. And looking at the
space you want to go eventually expands into seeing the next 5 turns
in tight aspens.

I "shouldered" a few trees (that still hurt), broke my finger in 3
places skiing to close, and hit one with my head when I crossed the
falline a little to hard and went over the top. I don't think I ever
saw anyone ski straight into one though. And we skied a lot of trees
BITD. Ones like the aspens alongside The Shaft and those runs on the
steep front of Park City? I'm sure some of you know those.

That works for mt. biking too. On thin single trak of slow picking
through debris or whatever. Look where you want to go, well ahead, not
at what you want to miss right in front of you.

Old January 29th 11, 12:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 01/28/2011 07:07 PM, pigo wrote:
On Jan 28, 2:49 pm, wrote:

I happen to like the idea of skiing "around" the trees,
but I've had a bit of trouble looking at something and
then hitting it or coming too close for comfort. My compromise
is to look at the spaces but be aware of the trees.

That is legitimate explaination when trying to "teach" someone to "ski
the trees". Humorously we'd explain that you ski the spaces, *not* the
trees. But it is a fact that you go where you look. And looking at the
space you want to go eventually expands into seeing the next 5 turns
in tight aspens.

What you call aspens, we call poplars. They are correctly
"quaking aspen" here (I'm sure your aspens are a different
species from ours). Most of the hardwoods on our mountain
sides are birch with a few poplars and maples thrown in.

Spruce is also common. Both of those types make for very
tight skiing. The only good runs are the ones where guys
go in with saws (usually hand saws) in summer for a little
judicious clearing.

Occasionally we get a beautiful stand of red pine. Think
ponderosa, but skinnier and closer together. There is one
on the Great Eastern trail at Killington that nobody skis.
It's fairly gentle but I bet I can get a feel like
western woods if I work at it.

I "shouldered" a few trees (that still hurt), broke my finger in 3
places skiing to close, and hit one with my head when I crossed the
falline a little to hard and went over the top. I don't think I ever
saw anyone ski straight into one though. And we skied a lot of trees
BITD. Ones like the aspens alongside The Shaft and those runs on the
steep front of Park City? I'm sure some of you know those.

My reference earlier to embedding wood in my helmet was at
Heavenly. I had hoped that Ichin had gotten a video of that
as he was following me, but he apparently didn't have the
camera going as I went under the horizontal tree with a
five foot stump and misjudged the thickness of my helmet.
Knocked me down, but didn't even ring my chime. Would've
made a neat video.

As for Park City, I've never skied Utah, or Colorado for
that matter. PNW and California only so far. We missed
our trip to inland British Columbia this year and will try
again next year.

That works for mt. biking too. On thin single trak of slow picking
through debris or whatever. Look where you want to go, well ahead, not
at what you want to miss right in front of you.

I do mountain bike, but I tend to stick to logging road and
fire trails around here. There are some single tracks set
up at Killington, but the people there are a bit unsympathetic
to an old fart dawdling along.
Old January 29th 11, 01:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Jan 28, 1:58 pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 01/28/2011 01:49 PM, snowbender wrote: On Jan 27, 5:19 pm, wrote:

(snip)

You did post it, but cut it down a bit.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnt7-HHiuk
Thanks.

Yah, I thought you would recognize that red jacket, so didn't say
it out loud. Sorry for missing the first part, yup, that would make a
good clip.

Taking an "action sport filmmaking" class at the community college
this season, got a new toy--gopro helmet cam--won't miss that next
time. Got some fancy skiing clips [with my no-name ski buddy], maybe
post them later when I find a video editor to cut it/trim it. Does
anybody have experience with "gopro"?

Have fun,
IS

Lake Tahoe Bunter[_2_] North American Ski Resorts 5 October 24th 09 05:54 AM
Lake Tahoe Mike Alpine Skiing 13 July 7th 06 09:32 PM
Lake Tahoe A A North American Ski Resorts 2 February 20th 04 02:34 AM
in lake tahoe 1/25 Traz99999 Alpine Skiing 0 January 16th 04 11:31 AM
Lake Tahoe end Mar..beg Apr spike North American Ski Resorts 6 December 22nd 03 01:44 AM