OT -- election results

Old November 8th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

Default OT -- election results

Hi

As a few of you here know, this year I ran for US Congress in District
21, Texas, as a Libertarian.

With 99.86% of the precincts reporting, I got 60,711 votes, or 20%.
To put that into a different perspective, I got more votes in a
district that spans 8 counties than the Libertarian Presidential
candidate got in all of Texas (254 counties and 56,213 votes).

My incumbent Republican opponent goes back to Washington for his 12th
term. He's NOT going to see 13.

In 2006 I got 4400 votes and 2% of the electorate, finishing 5th out
of 7 candidates in the second most heavily contested Congressional
race in the country.

Also worth mentioning ... my brother John Strohm ran for US Congress,
also as a Libertarian, in Texas District 11. He finished with 25,031
votes, or 11.67% of the vote.

So this is now a footnote in history -- two brothers in Texas polled
the highest and second-highest vote counts AND percentages of any
third-party Congressional candidates in the state's history.

Libertarians normally get only 2% of the vote.

ObSkiing content: none. Politics are as much fun as skiing, and if
you win, it pays a whole lot better. And if you crash, you don't
break your leg.

Jim Strohm

Old Race Results [email protected] Nordic Skiing 1 February 8th 07 03:20 PM
WC SG results... Marty Alpine Skiing 0 March 16th 06 04:50 PM
Olympic Results DMK Nordic Skiing 2 February 14th 06 06:05 PM
Noque results... 32 degrees Nordic Skiing 7 February 2nd 05 02:20 PM
storm results pigo Alpine Skiing 1 November 5th 03 02:42 AM