Chamonix for New Year with Kids

Old November 27th 03, 12:24 AM
Simon Wootton

Default Chamonix for New Year with Kids

Can anyone give me useful advise - I'm traveling to Chamonix for a week at New Year with my two kids ages 6 & 4, my six year old has skied a couple of lessons before. I'll be staying in the town center - specifically looking for ski school opinions; kid friendly restaurents; and travel times on the bus to various lifts.
Any other advise welcomed
Thanks
Simon

Old November 27th 03, 10:40 AM
Clive Perry

"Simon Wootton" wrote in message
Can anyone give me useful advise - I'm traveling to Chamonix for a week at

New Year with my two kids ages 6 & 4, my six year old has skied a couple of
lessons before. I'll be staying in the town center - specifically looking
for ski school opinions; kid friendly restaurents; and travel times on the
bus to various lifts.
Any other advise welcomed
Thanks
Simon

Popular opinion is that the Chamonix bus 'service' is about the worst you
will get in the Alps, so I guess timetables would be irrelevant.

Personally I would not chose Chamonix as resort to take children to at the
ages of yours. Mine is 8 now and a very accomplished skier, I still would go
elsewhere for convenience and ease of access to the slopes.

However being in Chamonix would be much more preferable than where I will be
at New Year.

Have fun

Clive

Old December 6th 03, 04:07 PM
Robin Sayce-Jones

If your actually going to be skiing up in Argentiere get your kids bookd
into the panda club. We go every year drop the kids off from 8:00 and pick
then up at 18:00. Well we don't actually leave them that long but they cater
from 6 months to 12 years and would recommend them to anyone. They also have
something an Chamonix itself but don't know about that. Same web site
though.
http://www.panda-club.com

Old December 19th 03, 05:11 PM
Tommy Petersson

Simon Wootton wrote in
:

Can anyone give me useful advise - I'm traveling to Chamonix for a
week at New Year with my two kids ages 6 & 4, my six year old has
skied a couple of lessons before. I'll be staying in the town center -
specifically looking for ski school opinions; kid friendly
restaurents; and travel times on the bus to various lifts. Any other
advise welcomed Thanks
Simon

With that small kids you shouldn't choose Argentiniére or Brevent, take the
less steep slopes.

You also need us wishing you good luck with the buses with two that small
kids. The service is bad, they need to pack them 100% full including
standing passengers, often the bus just pass you because it's already full.
If you choose not to go the same time as most others will, it may be
easier. I wish you good luck anyway :-)

/Tommy