top five Northeast slopes for well-rounded ski breaks

Old December 7th 04, 10:05 PM
me

Default top five Northeast slopes for well-rounded ski breaks

NYP Travel picks the top five Northeast slopes for well-rounded ski breaks"
click here for the story: http://www.nypost.com/travel/35892.htm

Old December 10th 04, 07:28 PM
Mike M. Miskulin

While pondering the Universe, (me) wrote
:

NYP Travel picks the top five Northeast slopes for well-rounded ski
breaks" click here for the story:
http://www.nypost.com/travel/35892.htm

Have a pass at the Bush. I'll just say I've heard one of the (new) owners
has some NYC newspaper connections and I'm not surprised to see it in
there.

The great things about Sugarbush is a)not that crowded b)varied terrain
The bad are a)IMHO grooming is subpar b)many of the more challenging runs
are only bumped, which means they can be very hard boulders much of the
winter (nothing like -25 at night to 'firm up' that snow!)

I don't do park and pipe, but they have made an effort the past few years
to do that right and things looked pretty good last year.

Not much nightlife either and the little there was took a hit last
year when the main bar in town got shuttered. Sherriff had a woody for it
and kept busting people for DUI.

Lest I soudn too negative, after a big dump its hard to beat it Vermont.
Old December 11th 04, 04:55 PM
Some Dude

hahaha Mike..

I like the "not much nightlife".

Sugarbush is to nightlife is what Vermont is to cheap electricity
(ok everyone else, its really expensive).

I agree with all you said about Sugarbush. I think the glades
boarding is killer there though. I had a magical time there a few
times last Winter.

Their pipe/park situation is pretty weak imho if you're into parks.
Their pipe (whenever i've ridden it) sucked. Although maybe I just
came at the wrong time. Plus you come off of it and you have about
100m before you crash into the lodge. Its eye candy for the people
spending all their cash drinking beer and eating. Its also really
quick to get you in the ambulance after you eat sh*t digging an edge
into a foot of ice at the lip (JUST MY EXPERIENCE)

And just because I'm not boarding today, and real bitter and ****ed
off due to the failed snow event we were supposed to get, I'll throw
in a big "Stowe sucks" in there.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:28:07 GMT, (Mike M.
Miskulin) wrote:

[...]

Cheers,
-sd
http://www.zoom.sh