French Tolls

Old November 28th 04, 11:04 AM
Roy

Default French Tolls

Hi

We are driving an 8-seat minibus (Transit sized) to St Gervais (via
Eurotunnel) for Xmas/New Year and are trying to cost everything out. Are the
tolls much more than for a car (we have been by car a few times and allow
£100 for the return journey)?

Roy

Old November 28th 04, 01:02 PM
Dominique Foucart

Dans son message précédent, Roy a écrit :
Hi

We are driving an 8-seat minibus (Transit sized) to St Gervais (via
Eurotunnel) for Xmas/New Year and are trying to cost everything out. Are the
tolls much more than for a car (we have been by car a few times and allow
£100 for the return journey)?

Roy

The exact answer is he
http://www.autoroutes.fr/voyage/itineraires.php?lng=2

enjoy your holidays !

Dominique

--
Dominique Foucart
Site for hiking trails in Giffre Valley:

Old November 28th 04, 06:07 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Roy :
(we have been by car a few times and allow
£100 for the return journey)?

That much? That's more than our ferry fare this year! There's another reason
to go to Switzerland rather than France, as it's easy to avoid tolls going
down that way.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old November 28th 04, 07:35 PM
Roy

Thanks Dominique, except the link does not work!

Old November 28th 04, 09:24 PM
Iain Campbell

Roy wrote:
Hi

We are driving an 8-seat minibus (Transit sized) to St Gervais (via
Eurotunnel) for Xmas/New Year and are trying to cost everything out. Are the
tolls much more than for a car (we have been by car a few times and allow
£100 for the return journey)?

Roy

Try:

www.viamichelin.com

Put your route in and it will tell you not only where the tolls are but
how much. We kept track the last time and it was spot on down to the cent.

We were on a car, however, so I didn't look at the site to see how much
a mini bus would have cost.
Old November 28th 04, 09:37 PM
Dominique Foucart

Roy a exposé le 28/11/2004 :
Thanks Dominique, except the link does not work!

Roy

The exact answer is he
http://www.autoroutes.fr/voyage/itineraires.php?lng=2

enjoy your holidays !

Dominique

-- Dominique Foucart
Site for hiking trails in Giffre Valley
http://dfoucart.tripod.com/randosamoens
Studio rental in lovely Samoens:
http://dfoucart.tripod.com/lovelysamoens/id3.html

Just tried it again and it worked fine.

The home page is on
http://www.autoroutes.fr

Old November 28th 04, 09:40 PM
Dominique Foucart

Dominique Foucart a pensé très fort :
Roy a exposé le 28/11/2004 :
Thanks Dominique, except the link does not work!

Roy

The exact answer is he
http://www.autoroutes.fr/voyage/itineraires.php?lng=2

enjoy your holiday !

Dominique

-- Dominique Foucart
Site for hiking trails in Giffre Valley
http://dfoucart.tripod.com/randosamoens
Studio rental in lovely Samoens:
http://dfoucart.tripod.com/lovelysamoens/id3.html

Just tried it again and it worked fine.

The home page is on
http://www.autoroutes.fr

and the software gives 84 euros each way...

Old November 29th 04, 10:20 AM
MoonMan

Roy wrote:
Thanks Dominique, except the link does not work!

Worked for me, Looks very useful, thanks Dominique

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old November 29th 04, 08:08 PM
Roy

http://www.autoroutes.fr/voyage/itineraires.php?lng=2

Just tried it again and it worked fine.

The home page is on
http://www.autoroutes.fr

and the software gives 84 euros each way...

Thanks Dominique, and to others who wrote. For some reason it would not
calculate the journey when I entered it yesterday - works fine now - great
site! Just got to get my head around 12+ hours of 6 boisterous teenagers all
itching to get on the snow, then another 4 offspring meeting us there, and
us all living in a "10 person Apartment" (ie 12 of us) for 2 weeks!!

Thanks again,

Roy