Rageaholic at Steamboat

Old February 1st 06, 05:57 AM

Default Rageaholic at Steamboat

Reposted from alt.true-crime

Man allegedly attacks snowboarding teenager for accidentally running
into his daughter:

http://tinyurl.com/dppxs
Old February 1st 06, 06:24 PM

Olaf Timandahaff wrote:

Man allegedly attacks snowboarding teenager for accidentally running
into his daughter:

http://tinyurl.com/dppxs

I wonder if this was on an easy slope. I was with my 6-yo daughter at
Eldora last weekend on the bunny slope. This one guy kept going up the
lift, come down the hill completely out of control past hordes of
children learning to ski, crash to stop near the lift line, shuffle
back to the lift, repeat. I saw him do this about three times before he
either gave up or somebody told him to go away.

RFM
http://www.cyclelicio.us/

Old February 1st 06, 08:09 PM

Fritz M wrote:
I wonder if this was on an easy slope. I was with my 6-yo daughter at

I think so. It was near the bottom, as the Steamboat Police did the
arrest.
Sounds like they were within the City of Steamboat to me. I don't think
most of the mountain is within the City.

Sam
Old February 1st 06, 09:25 PM

Sam Seiber wrote:
Fritz M wrote:
I wonder if this was on an easy slope. I was with my 6-yo daughter at

I think so. It was near the bottom, as the Steamboat Police did the
arrest.
Sounds like they were within the City of Steamboat to me. I don't think
most of the mountain is within the City.

Sam

True, if they were within the Steamboat city limits they would be on
the beginner slope.

Old February 1st 06, 10:45 PM

Mary Malmros wrote:
Walt wrote:

Wherever it happened, sounds like the guy was badly in need of a night's
cool-off in the Rage Tank.

A night won't be enough. 'couple years of anger management therapy
might do it.

He was punching the snowboarder's *helmet* - that's really out of control.

//Walt
//
// ... or maybe he just needs to spend a little time on usenet ...

Old February 2nd 06, 03:00 AM

Fritz M wrote:

I wonder if this was on an easy slope. I was with my 6-yo daughter at
Eldora last weekend on the bunny slope. This one guy kept going up the
lift, come down the hill completely out of control past hordes of
children learning to ski, crash to stop near the lift line, shuffle
back to the lift, repeat. I saw him do this about three times before
he either gave up or somebody told him to go away.

we see a lot of that. People who decide they will learn to ski/board by
crashing the whole way down the bunny slope. When you bail them up about it,
they are very offended at the idea that they can't do this, and feel that if
they do hit someone, it'll be OK as they are "just learning" and it would
have been "an accident".
unbe****inglievable.

--
ant

Old February 2nd 06, 04:14 PM

Walt wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:
Walt wrote:

Wherever it happened, sounds like the guy was badly in need of a
night's cool-off in the Rage Tank.

A night won't be enough. 'couple years of anger management therapy
might do it.

He was punching the snowboarder's *helmet* - that's really out of control.

//Walt
//
// ... or maybe he just needs to spend a little time on usenet ...

If he does that to a boarder he doesn't even know imagine what he does
to his own kids. The guy's a loser and needs some time in confinement.
Forget the anger management psycho-babble. I've never seen that work for
anyone. About all it does is fulfill a court ordered obligation.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"
Old February 2nd 06, 07:11 PM

"Olaf Timandahaff" wrote in message
Reposted from alt.true-crime

Man allegedly attacks snowboarding teenager for accidentally running
into his daughter:

http://tinyurl.com/dppxs

I too would want to beat the crap out of someone who put my child at risk
through their behavior choices.
The difference is that I wouldn't act on it.
Too many people are acting selfish and socially retarded these days and too
many people are overreacting to things that don't deserve the importance
they're given.
It is important to understand that, snowboarder or skier, you're not out
there alone and your pass doesn't entitle you to behavior that has a
negative effect on others.
This story reminds of the psycho hockey dad incident a few years ago.

first trip to steamboat Monique Y. Mudama Alpine Skiing (moderated) 32 January 12th 05 04:23 PM
Steamboat Gondola Weed Bust Jim D Alpine Skiing 13 December 18th 04 04:19 PM
Steamboat vs. VAIL Sean Alpine Skiing 13 December 11th 04 07:22 AM
steamboat in late march? Dave Stallard North American Ski Resorts 3 November 25th 03 04:58 AM
steamboat in late march? Dave Stallard Alpine Skiing 3 November 25th 03 04:58 AM