Grand Targhee

Old June 3rd 04, 02:25 AM
Dave W

Default Grand Targhee

On new years eve I flew into Jackson with my wife and two daughters - as we
drove up through the pass it started to snow........... it did not stop for
five or six days - knee deep several days in a row. I have been to Jackson
and love it - but for me with my kids Targhee with fresh powder is a
complete freak show - I will be going back every year for the rest of my
life -

BTW - there was a band there - apparently they are a regular New Years Eve /
Week band - Moses Guest - I absolutely love them. As a kid I followed the
Grateful Dead out to Colorado from the east coast - kind of the same thing
before it got big and crazy in the eighties - at Targhee you can leave the
walkie talkie with the kids and watch the band - the place is that small.

Targhee - Snow from Heaven Not From Hoses

No attitude, No Yuppies, Great Snow, Great Music
I almost forgot about my job, my mortgage and the kids going back to school
in a couple of days - hey wheres the next show?

Old June 3rd 04, 04:18 PM
lal_truckee

Dave W wrote:

[...]

Lots of building and so-called development going on at Targhee, but
still low key with the greatest inbounds lift-served powder I've ever
skied. I agree - Grand Targhee is the real thing.

Incidently - I'm mousing on a Targhee mouse pad as we speak; my kid
picked it up for me at a FIS Downhill he raced at Targhee a couple of
years ago. Silliest idea I ever heard - hosting a Downhill on all that
powder - the kid put himself in the Ambulance for a hospital cheakout
after crashing when he went wide into the soft stuff. But he loved every
second, although he only speaks of the off days when he and cronies
skied the pow.