JP's ski suit idea

Old November 3rd 03, 04:04 AM
Jeff Potter

Default JP's ski suit idea

Here's a PDF of an idea I had for a ski suit for Mike's new team.

I *think* he was telling me last weekend to redraw it to include a
knickers-esque vibe. Hmmm...

In any event, I think a Masters suit should be two-piece, heavy lycra,
zip jersey, relaxed fit...

http://outyourbackdoor.com/articles2...uit.curves.pdf

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old November 13th 03, 10:23 PM
Jeff Potter

HEY! Don't you people like ski suits? Is this a good one? Is it a bad
one? Why the silence?

Jeff Potter wrote:

In any event, I think a Masters suit should be two-piece, heavy lycra,
zip jersey, relaxed fit... [I'm thinking of the peg-leg styling where
it goes straight from butt to stirrup without clinging the whole way.
Maybe that way up top as well.]

Old November 13th 03, 11:39 PM
Bob

Jeff,
even *I* don't want to admit that I'm a fatty masters :-]
I'll keep wearing form-fitting ski clothing until they pry my cold dead
fingers out of the racing straps.

I *am* in the market for a ski suit - just not a baggy one. Also, heavy
fabric is not what I need. I can always add layers underneath.

Bob
- side-lined with a pain in my rib for a week or so (break or muscle tear: I
don't know. Did it stringing speaker wires under the house). Dang! just when
Tahoe starts to be skiable, too! -

.. .

Old November 14th 03, 11:35 AM
Jay Tegeder

Jeff,

Good idea for the new ski suit. A polyester double knit like we had in
the 70s and early 80s would be a cool retro idea. Your color scheme
isn't too good IMHO though... On the other hand, what do I know about
fashion?

Jay Tegeder
"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
once!" JT

Old November 14th 03, 01:39 PM
Serge

Jeff,

here is the shop that can make your suit according to
design and they are very reasonable too -

http://www.youngoriginals.com/index2.htm
Old November 14th 03, 02:51 PM
Dell Todd

Make your team suit a "picture" of a vintage 70's Team Sweden outfit
like you wear. A "picture" like those big t-shirts where a fat old
lady puts on, and it tricks the eye into thinking she is really a
hardbody ina bikini.

Picture includes:
Knickers
Wool socks
Addidas triple stripes down the arms & legs (to the knees)
Maybe even a "picture" of a floppy collar.
Sweden blue background
Accent stripes in Sweden yellow

And all in lycra.

This would be huge Jeff. They do anything you want on that lycra.
Old November 14th 03, 03:22 PM
Matt Morency

I would think half the fun of being a master is having your beer gut
hanging out and rubbing it in the face of the more physical fit skiers
that you beat. Incidently I think that form fitting lycra is good
material for masters suits it expands with the master's waist line so
they do not have to buy a new suit every year.
Matt

Old November 14th 03, 03:45 PM
Jeff Potter

"Bob" wrote in message ...
Jeff,

[ ]
I *am* in the market for a ski suit - just not a baggy one. Also, heavy
fabric is not what I need. I can always add layers underneath.

Note that my design and what I suggest is still very racy and sports
looking. It's just not the new naked look, nor is it the shiny sprayed
on look. It's not baggy, but according to my PDF and my text
description it uses a trim lycra pant style that goes down from butt
to ankle, which is still trim but not sprayed on. It flatters the
less-than-buff physique. I also recall it being used by national teams
10 years ago. Note also that heavy lycra is still VERY light--it's
just doublethick and brushed inside. Just not speedo thin. It's more
suitable for the slightly slower speeds and slower metabolisms of
Fatty Masters. It also is maybe more versatile--can be used when
training and doesn't chill when standing around or taking a longer
break. It's basically one suit for all uses, which fits the Masters
need better. For instance, it's two piece as well. I'd like it to not
even look too extreme for going to a cafe afterwards in. That's the
goal anyway. But my PDF as it is is still pretty darn racy. Hey, I
recall that I didn't even used to need windbriefs! --No hat or gloves
either until under 15F. Now that's hotblooded. Sigh. --JP