End of season

Old March 3rd 06, 11:05 PM

Default End of season

Mary
Never saw you at SG training days.
Yesterday I clipped gate on flats took a tumble and fractured my tibula,
or some damm bone in my knee.
Out for 6 to 8 weeks kills my first downhill at Sunday River National.

time for more pain killers

Old March 3rd 06, 11:37 PM

downhill wrote:
Mary
Never saw you at SG training days.
Yesterday I clipped gate on flats took a tumble and fractured my tibula,
or some damm bone in my knee.
Out for 6 to 8 weeks kills my first downhill at Sunday River National.

time for more pain killers

Bummer. Did you get a nice Titanium rod hammered down the center of your
tibia? For that you get Morphine IIRC; almost worth it. Much better than
wuss non-opiate pain meds...

Hummm. 6-8 weeks is pretty quick for an adult; if that holds, schedule a
visit to Mammoth in June or even Tahoe in May and get back on skis...
Old March 4th 06, 12:24 AM

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 00:37:19 GMT, lal_truckee
wrote:

downhill wrote:
Mary
Never saw you at SG training days.
Yesterday I clipped gate on flats took a tumble and fractured my tibula,
or some damm bone in my knee.
Out for 6 to 8 weeks kills my first downhill at Sunday River National.

time for more pain killers

Bummer. Did you get a nice Titanium rod hammered down the center of your
tibia? For that you get Morphine IIRC; almost worth it. Much better than
wuss non-opiate pain meds...

Hummm. 6-8 weeks is pretty quick for an adult; if that holds, schedule a
visit to Mammoth in June or even Tahoe in May and get back on skis...

lal did you get that done? I had one hammered into my femur
back in '78
Old March 4th 06, 12:31 AM

downhill wrote:

Mary
Never saw you at SG training days.
Yesterday I clipped gate on flats took a tumble and fractured my tibula,
or some damm bone in my knee.
Out for 6 to 8 weeks kills my first downhill at Sunday River National.

Aw man! BAD luck! I missed the training days -- came off ten straight
days working, had to spend a few days dealing with real life and trying
to find a real job. I'm sorry I missed you, I was going to try to hunt
you down this weekend.

You take good care of that leg bone, you hear? Don't be in a rush to go
out there and abuse it again -- let it heal up properly.

Old March 4th 06, 01:26 AM

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
et...
downhill wrote:
Mary
Never saw you at SG training days.
Yesterday I clipped gate on flats took a tumble and fractured my tibula,
or some damm bone in my knee.
Out for 6 to 8 weeks kills my first downhill at Sunday River National.

time for more pain killers

Bummer. Did you get a nice Titanium rod hammered down the center of your
tibia? For that you get Morphine IIRC; almost worth it. Much better than
wuss non-opiate pain meds...

Hummm. 6-8 weeks is pretty quick for an adult; if that holds, schedule a
visit to Mammoth in June or even Tahoe in May and get back on skis...

They gave me a dose of morphine at Stratton when I broke my leg. Almost did
the trick, until the took the boot off. I could only think of those stories
about just having a bullet to bite on.
Had a nice morphine drip after surgery. That and the Oxy helped but the
swelling in my foot was driving me nuts all that first night. Kept calling
for meds. they kept dosing me. Had the resident take the bandage off since
it felt so tight. Still couldn't get to sleep. A kind nurse finally injected
Benadryl into the drip to knock me out and shut me up. Last words I heard
were "now you've got enough in you to drop an elephant."
Pops

Old March 4th 06, 03:17 AM

Mary Malmros wrote:

downhill wrote:

Mary
Never saw you at SG training days.
Yesterday I clipped gate on flats took a tumble and fractured my
tibula, or some damm bone in my knee.
Out for 6 to 8 weeks kills my first downhill at Sunday River National.

Aw man! BAD luck! I missed the training days -- came off ten
straight days working, had to spend a few days dealing with real life
and trying to find a real job. I'm sorry I missed you, I was going to
try to hunt you down this weekend.

You take good care of that leg bone, you hear? Don't be in a rush to
go out there and abuse it again -- let it heal up properly.

I am trying to figure out how to take care of my fish ponds, 300 koi
with 3 levels and stairs that do not conform to handicap regulations.
I made the doctor in the clinic crazy I walked down to the medical
center using a ski pole for support. They x-rayed me showed me the crack
put me on crutches and I hobbled back to GS I have a monday mri, and my
wife is doing the medical search. I just hobbled to corner store for milk.
I spent the last seven days at Mt Snow I could not post but was reading
messages, I think they filter SA I never see his posts only the groups
alley lift skied 2x carefully down ego alley to NASTAR I hate powder on
GS ski's. Then went back and played with my son in the room..
The one and a half training days were great, I got over a major issue
staying in a tuck when you know your going airborne. I was so looking
forward to this race on a trail that I did not have to think about which
way it goes or what terrain is coming up next. Its like learning a race
track you can drive them in your mind.
I was hoping to run into you on this trip, I gave the last of the
lobster bisque to Clair a valet who helped us load up. It is very
difficult to load with out breakage all the stuff we bring if you do not
do it in a certain sequence, getting 212 cm ski's, 3 adults, tuning
bench, 2 computers, and a baby seat in a Suburban requires careful
placement. After the loading of the truck Clair understood why I always
pack and unpack my own vehicle. She was so helpful we told her to pay a
vist when she comes down to NYC in two weeks before she returns to
Australia, she wants to quiz my wife on shopping places, we are a half
a block from the Dakota so it is a relatively safe and popular tourist
area.

It is more pain killers and bed time

Old March 7th 06, 02:10 PM

downhill wrote:

I think they filter SA I never see his posts only the groups

Good for them. Probably don't want to take the chance that he might
mention them in one of his infantile rants and have their name
associated with his. If everyone would filter him none of us would have
to read his crap.

Hope you're feeling better. Seems to be a rash of broken bones lately.
Wish I could help but only time can.
Old March 7th 06, 02:25 PM

Chuck wrote:

downhill wrote:

I think they filter SA I never see his posts only the groups

Good for them. Probably don't want to take the chance that he might
mention them in one of his infantile rants and have their name
associated with his. If everyone would filter him none of us would have
to read his crap.

Hope you're feeling better. Seems to be a rash of broken bones lately.
Wish I could help but only time can.

My thoughts exactly, it like hitting a bag of manure with a stick for 7
years and expecting the smell is going to change.

The worse part of my knee is it is feeling better and they want to pin
it. which means I go through this pain process again. But the waiting is
the part that is really killing me.
I am going to drive out to LI and check on my fishponds, first time I
have driven since the incident.
thanks for your comments

michael