google sometimes drives me nuts

Old October 25th 03, 11:56 PM
revyakin

Default google sometimes drives me nuts

Off topic, but... it really drives me nuts when I spend ~5 min typing
something in the google form, press the submit button, and see a 500
error message. I learned copying my messages into the buffer b4
submitting, but still... Arrgggh.
Old October 28th 03, 11:52 PM
Carl Fogel

(John Forrest Tomlinson) wrote in message ...
On 25 Oct 2003 16:56:46 -0700,
(revyakin) wrote:

Off topic, but... it really drives me nuts when I spend ~5 min typing
something in the google form, press the submit button, and see a 500
error message. I learned copying my messages into the buffer b4
submitting, but still... Arrgggh.

It seems like that's happening a lot in the last couple of weeks wiht
the groups at Google.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit
http://www.jt10000.com

Dear John,

It's a relief to read that other posters have been
suffering the same problem. It may be coincidental,
but I often had surprising success with half a dozen
stop-refresh cycles without waiting for the internal
server error message. Whatever was wrong seemed to
vanish last Sunday night.

Nice to bump into you while looking for "500 error"
posts. See you around rec.bicycles.tech. Time to
copy to the buffer and press send . . .

Carl Fogel
Old October 31st 03, 11:50 PM
Bob Larson

Speaking of google groups.... I noticed that google adds commercial
links to the top of some postings. Seems to only happen if the
thread is only one posting long. But this has an amusing affect
sometimes. There was a posting recently about steroids in
rec.skiing.nordic, and google added a few ads to the top for
places like "the steroid super store", etc. It sort of adds
a whole new dimesion to the n.g. experience. You can order
up your steroids while you read about the latest scandal.

-Bob