QUESTIONS ON BOOTS

Old December 5th 04, 11:48 AM
mo

Default QUESTIONS ON BOOTS

I always hire boots and never seem to get a pair that fit right, they might
seem ok in the shop, but I ALWAYS get heel lift and numb feet. This year I'm
going to buy a pair.
Should I go for the same size as I wear in shoes or go for half a size up?
Is it ok to buy off the net if its a good quality boot?ie ebay.
Theres a place close to me who do moulded insoles for snowboard boots, is
this a waste of time or money well spent?
Is a certain brand renowned for being a comfier boot?
Mike
mike...

Old December 5th 04, 03:12 PM
Tiburon27

Never buy snowboard boots sight unseen! That's retarded. If you want to
buy them online to save $$$ go to a shop, try on a bunch of pairs, go home
and then order the ones you liked the best. All boots are made different so
try on every model from every company that interests you. Oh, and be sure
to bring your board to the shop so you can see how they fit your bindings
and heel/toe drag.
A friend of mine bought boots and they didn't come close to fitting his
bindings and he had 2 inches of toe drag. Bring your board!

Old December 5th 04, 10:21 PM
Chet Hayes

"mo" wrote in message
I always hire boots and never seem to get a pair that fit right, they

might
seem ok in the shop, but I ALWAYS get heel lift and numb feet. This year

I'm
going to buy a pair.
Should I go for the same size as I wear in shoes or go for half a size up?
Is it ok to buy off the net if its a good quality boot?ie ebay.
Theres a place close to me who do moulded insoles for snowboard boots, is
this a waste of time or money well spent?
Is a certain brand renowned for being a comfier boot?
Mike
mike...

It's not always retarded to buy them sight unseen online. A lot
depends where you live and what kind of selection local stores have.
I was looking for a pair of Vans Contras with the BOA lace system. I
live in NJ and there were no stores in the NJ/NYC area that had them.
So, I bought them online and it worked out great. In fact, there are
some advantages to buying them online:

1- Few stores have everything you want to try anyway, so you wind up
wasting a lot of time and gas driving around to see diff boots and to
find a store that has your size.

2 - You try them on in a store for 2 mins, at home you can try them on
for as long as you like

3 - Most stores, all it costs to do this is the cost of shipping,
which in some cases isn't a bad tradeoff.
Old December 5th 04, 10:36 PM
Mike T

It's not always retarded to buy them sight unseen online.

-snip-

In fact, there are
some advantages to buying them online:

Chet has very reasonable expectations of what buying boots online is like...
the advantages and disadvantages. I've done so myself, for hard boots,
because I simply don't have the option of buying locally in a store - nobody
carries them in Oregon! (Not even sure if anyone in the Seattle area
carries them... SLC and Tahoe might be the closest places for me to try on a
pair of hard boots).

If you don't mind paying for shipping, possible several times in case
something doesn't work out, and you don't need help from a salesperson, it's
a viable option.

If you don't know what you want, or have questions that you think a
snowboard shop employee could answer for you, better go shopping.

Mike T