The Fischer Feed

Old February 10th 04, 05:28 PM
Sly D. Skeez

Default The Fischer Feed

On Sunday, I lost my coach Julie to the "Fischer Feed." That means I
didn't get my pre-race rub down, glide test info, or the pre-race
fight song (you will ski, ski, ski, until the day is done...). Of
course I don't get that at a regular race, but I did miss choosing my
skis last minute.

Anyway, Julie spent Saturday out buying bottles and water containers,
having me taste-test the G-Push drink strength, and in general,
organizing the Fischer feed at Mora. Here's the feedback:

-Thanks Julie
-Thanks
-Thank you Julie

Ok, you get the idea. She was hoping to get a little more info on the
bottles (they were like honey bottles).
-Did they work?
-Were they too slippery?
She found out that they need to be a different color because the white
blends in with the snow, but feedback is appreciated.

BTW, the folks on Fischer skis are given preference. That is, they
will be the first to be handed a drink. If you're not on the fastest
skis out there (sorry, I couldn't resist), you may have to go to the
table and serve yourself. As Dylan says, "You got to serve
somebody..." so, in this case, make it yourself. Now this is in
contrast to one company anyway, where the reps carry an old steak
knife along. If you grab for a bottle and you're not wearing the
appropriate gear....ok, it's not that bad. But on one occasion, I've
had a drink pulled from me. Henry of Atomic? Nah...., Henry's great,
but sometimes you gotta wonder, was that Tang?

Jay Wenner
Old February 10th 04, 05:47 PM
jim farrell

Default atomic feed

Sly D. Skeez wrote:
Henry of Atomic? Nah...., Henry's great,
but sometimes you gotta wonder, was that Tang?

Jay Wenner

Henry is great! Last year, Henry saved my first time wave one
qualifying effort in two ways. First he had a couple of stout Exel Ions
to pass me after having broken my pole about 5K earlier. I was dragging
and a little twisted from having used the shortened pole somewhat
sucessfully on the one side. But the drink really restored me, it was
like a 'majic elixor' for me, gave me a jump in my step and the energy
to start passing skiers like so many parked cars on the interstate.
When I asked him afterwards what the super feed was it turned out to be
Tang! All I needed at that point was sugar. Lesson learned.

Jim Farrell
(nothing faster than an RS-11)

Old February 11th 04, 12:30 AM
Jay Tegeder

Julie Joy did a great job with the feed. The bottle worked fine. Thanks again...

Jay Tegeder
"I faders spar for framtids segrar"

Old February 11th 04, 02:11 AM
Bkstuber

Jay, as I came up to the Fischer Feed Julie saw me and yelled at the guy
handing drinks to give me the Last one. I was skiing behind 464 for about 5k,
he had fischer skies on. Anyway the Fischer feed guy says race for it, I just
could take it form a guy who had been pulling me that far. He said he needed
it.

Thanks Julie, its the thought that counts.