Spring has Sprung

Old March 13th 05, 06:54 PM
Simon Brown

Default Spring has Sprung

A quick look at the coming week's weather:
http://tagesanzeiger.ch/portal/wetter/php/index.php and we'll get some nice
days - it was a cold winter. With the sun rising higher in the sky it should
burn away the snow in the town inside two weeks if not a tad sooner.

Sandals and t-shirt soon.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch

Old March 14th 05, 02:20 AM
Tom

Well I'm off to Meribel on Satuday and though I'm not hugely pleased that
its gonna be so warm it will certainly be interesting having never skied (i
hope this will still be possible at least!!) in such warm conditions. I
still hold hope that winter might give us one more appearance though!!

I see its going to be 22 degress (max) on saturday afternoon in brides les
bains (near meribel). thats an average summer temperature where i come from
(england). insanity!

tom

.

Old March 14th 05, 03:51 PM
Nick Hounsome

"Tom" wrote in message
Well I'm off to Meribel on Satuday and though I'm not hugely pleased that
its gonna be so warm it will certainly be interesting having never skied
(i hope this will still be possible at least!!) in such warm conditions. I
still hold hope that winter might give us one more appearance though!!

I see its going to be 22 degress (max) on saturday afternoon in brides les
bains (near meribel). thats an average summer temperature where i come
from (england). insanity!

tom

I went to Courchevel last week of last season - it was brilliant provided
that you stayed high in the afternoon and slapped on plenty of sun cream - I
spent two days skiing with my hood up because I had got a bit toasted.

Old March 15th 05, 01:59 PM
WeatherCam

I'm off next Sat to La Grave - and we go around this time each year - only
problem is they've not had any decent snow falls since Jan - seemed to have
missed out - that said we only really use La Grave as a base, if there is
ample snow we stay there if not, as seems the case we day tour or arrange
longer tours staying in refuges.....so as ever we have no real idea of what
we'll be doing till we get there and conditions can change, though this damn
High does look quite persistent - that said, I 've just been out and bought
some short sleve dri fit T shirts for touring - me thinks we'll be doing the
lower hikes in shorts etc till we get up on to glacier terrain then we'll
have to be Capt sensibles.......next week's weather will make for some
interesting ice slopes first thing in the am - be crampon time to get up
them until they start softening up............and that's why as a
snowboarder I use randonee ski boots to ride and tour in.

Old March 15th 05, 02:05 PM
Simon Brown

15C here now, snow flooding off the roof but up on the slopes they say it's
very nice. The high is very stable, will be even warmer tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/e...pressure.shtml
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch

Old March 16th 05, 11:57 AM
Simon Brown

Oh dear: http://www.nzz.ch/images/wetter/isobarenkarte.gif

Very warm and getting warmer. Goodbye thermals, hello bikini.
--
Simon Brown
www.sysgem.com www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch

Old March 17th 05, 08:41 PM
Sue

In message , Simon Brown
writes

Very warm and getting warmer. Goodbye thermals, hello bikini.

Please post pictures, Simon...

--
Sue ];(
Old March 18th 05, 07:50 AM
Ace

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:41:48 +0000, Sue wrote:

In message , Simon Brown
writes

Very warm and getting warmer. Goodbye thermals, hello bikini.

Please post pictures, Simon...

Have you met Simon, Sue? No, I thought not. Simon, please don't.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old March 21st 05, 11:17 AM
Switters

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:54:47 GMT, "Simon Brown"
allegedly wrote:

Sandals and t-shirt soon.

Did you get *any* skiing done this season?

Just got back from St Anton, where it was snowing when we arrived, then
spent the next 6 days in blazing sunshine, and was raining to over 3000m
when we left.

South facing slopes were very unstable, but the North faces offered up
some great powder.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

Old March 21st 05, 11:25 AM
Simon Brown

"Switters" wrote in message

Did you get *any* skiing done this season?

Sadly not - been travelling far and wide on business but hope to go skiing
in August - Greenland. I hope to have a new customer in Greenland! Will be
walking over Easter though - got the poodle here again.

It's now so warm here that skiing is virtually impossible - massive
avalanche warnings due to lots of heavy wet snow. Many people seriously
injured themselves over the weekend.

FWIW it's now 19C in the shade here, snow melting fast - 1m in the last week
alone. So in fact it *is* t-shirt and sandals.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch