Not a flounce...

Old December 31st 04, 10:18 AM
BrritSki

Default Not a flounce...

So farewell then
New Liebour Britain.
I've had enough of everything, not least
That gross of tax monkeys on my back.

Time to head off for the dolce vita.
Not a BrritSki anymore,
but I'll be back
when I've settled in.
A simpler life,
but there are worse things that
a dinner of herbs
Old January 1st 05, 05:32 PM
Sue

In message , PG
writes

"BrritSki" wrote in message

| Time to head off for the dolce vita.
| Not a BrritSki anymore,

A Frogski now? Or a Spagski?

Vinoski?
I expect he'll be back when he gets broadband in his picturesque Tuscan
ruin.

--
Sue ];(
Old January 11th 05, 01:43 PM
BrritSki

PG wrote:
"BrritSki" wrote in message
| So farewell then
| New Liebour Britain.
| I've had enough of everything, not least
| That gross of tax monkeys on my back.
|
| Time to head off for the dolce vita.
| Not a BrritSki anymore,
| but I'll be back
| when I've settled in.
| A simpler life,
| but there are worse things that
| a dinner of herbs

A Frogski now? Or a Spagski?

Maybe ItSki...

Actually, having popped back for a couple of days, we are driving down
to 3V on Friday and want to pick up some skis on the way. Anyone know a
Decathlon store really close to the Autoroute, preferably in or near
Chambery ? Or is there a cheaper place to buy - I'm looking at the
Rossi B2s with Axium bindings, available from Decathlon at E539 ?
Extra 30 euros for Axial binding - worth it ?
Old January 11th 05, 01:57 PM
Ace

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:43:28 +0000, BrritSki
wrote:

Actually, having popped back for a couple of days, we are driving down
to 3V on Friday and want to pick up some skis on the way. Anyone know a
Decathlon store really close to the Autoroute, preferably in or near
Chambery ?

www.decathlon.fr shows one at Albertville, so even closer, but I don't
know how big it is.

Or is there a cheaper place to buy - I'm looking at the
Rossi B2s with Axium bindings, available from Decathlon at E539 ?

I can't find that ski on the website - are you sure they do it?

Extra 30 euros for Axial binding - worth it ?

Gord nose.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 11th 05, 02:29 PM
BrritSki

wrote:

Actually, having popped back for a couple of days, we are driving down
to 3V on Friday and want to pick up some skis on the way. Anyone know a
Decathlon store really close to the Autoroute, preferably in or near
Chambery ?

www.decathlon.fr shows one at Albertville, so even closer, but I don't
know how big it is.

Ah, thanks for that, I'll take a look...

Or is there a cheaper place to buy - I'm looking at the
Rossi B2s with Axium bindings, available from Decathlon at E539 ?

I can't find that ski on the website - are you sure they do it?

Yes, we were in their Antibes store on Friday and I held one in my hand
and I have the catalogue that lists it - do you think Snow and Rock will
take it as evidence for their price promise ? I'll be passing by one of
their stores tomorrow, so that might be the quickest if it's the same
price...

Extra 30 euros for Axial binding - worth it ?

Gord nose.

I'll ask him when he stops arguing with Toneeee
Old January 11th 05, 03:52 PM
Ollie Clark

BrritSki wrote:
Ace wrote:

I can't find that ski on the website - are you sure they do it?

Yes, we were in their Antibes store on Friday and I held one in my hand
and I have the catalogue that lists it - do you think Snow and Rock will
take it as evidence for their price promise ? I'll be passing by one of
their stores tomorrow, so that might be the quickest if it's the same
price...

No harm in asking. If they don't do it, just buy in France.

--
"Fighting terrorists with a military invasion is like trying to kill
a bee by shooting its beehive with a shotgun." - Anonymous, USENET
Old January 11th 05, 09:33 PM
Steve Haigh

BrritSki wrote:
PG wrote:

"BrritSki" wrote in message
| So farewell then
| New Liebour Britain.
| I've had enough of everything, not least
| That gross of tax monkeys on my back.
|
| Time to head off for the dolce vita.
| Not a BrritSki anymore,
| but I'll be back
| when I've settled in.
| A simpler life,
| but there are worse things that
| a dinner of herbs

A Frogski now? Or a Spagski?

Maybe ItSki...

Actually, having popped back for a couple of days, we are driving down
to 3V on Friday and want to pick up some skis on the way. Anyone know a
Decathlon store really close to the Autoroute, preferably in or near
Chambery ? Or is there a cheaper place to buy - I'm looking at the
Rossi B2s with Axium bindings, available from Decathlon at E539 ?
Extra 30 euros for Axial binding - worth it ?

No idea about shops, but a few mates of mine were raving about the Axial
bindings. They look pretty smart, dunno if they are really any different
to the others.
Old January 13th 05, 09:54 AM
BrritSki

Ollie Clark wrote:

BrritSki wrote:

Ace wrote:

I can't find that ski on the website - are you sure they do it?

Yes, we were in their Antibes store on Friday and I held one in my hand
and I have the catalogue that lists it - do you think Snow and Rock will
take it as evidence for their price promise ? I'll be passing by one of
their stores tomorrow, so that might be the quickest if it's the same
price...

No harm in asking. If they don't do it, just buy in France.

Yup.
I called and they have none in stock until end Jan at earliest. Great !
Old January 13th 05, 09:54 AM
BrritSki

John Wilcock wrote:

BrritSki wrote:

www.decathlon.fr shows one at Albertville, so even closer, but I don't
know how big it is.

Ah, thanks for that, I'll take a look...

It's about average size for a Décathlon. There's also a largish
Intersport (large for an Intersport shop that is, but smaller than the
Décathlon) in the same trading estate, on the far side of the Géant
hypermarket.

Can't say how well stocked either of them are for skis though - we only
ever stop in during the summer. As you've got a specific ski in mind,
perhaps the best would be to just give them a ring.

Yes, I'll do that - thanks for the tip on Intersport...

Old January 13th 05, 09:56 AM
BrritSki

Steve Haigh wrote:

Actually, having popped back for a couple of days, we are driving down
to 3V on Friday and want to pick up some skis on the way. Anyone know
a Decathlon store really close to the Autoroute, preferably in or near
Chambery ? Or is there a cheaper place to buy - I'm looking at the
Rossi B2s with Axium bindings, available from Decathlon at E539 ?
Extra 30 euros for Axial binding - worth it ?

No idea about shops, but a few mates of mine were raving about the Axial
bindings. They look pretty smart, dunno if they are really any different
to the others.

The difference with the Axium is that the heel rotates a few degrees
either way so it releases more easily under some conditions.

Were your mates raving about something they'd tried or just seen/read
about ?