Skido - GPS smartphone/pocketPC software

Old March 18th 05, 10:29 AM
Paul \( Skiing8 \)

Default Skido - GPS smartphone/pocketPC software

Hi all,

just noticed this being listed on some of the gadget/inf...
http://www.skido.info/ and it looks pretty good

If you have a smartphone or pocket PC and a GPS for it you can get the
software for £30.
Looks like it does some basic stuff at the moment but some of the future
features sound interesting. I know morzine was trialing a pocketPC based
system.... It looks like it has some of the same ideas.

I bought a Garmin legend a couple of years back and its pretty good for
recording max speed/ distance/ altitude and where I have been. I have had a
smartphone for a couple of years too.... I always had it on my list of
things to do to develop something like this but you know how it goes... too
much to do and so little time (currently trying to develop the ski camera
system!!!). Anyhow... someone beat me too it regarding the SkiGPS system.

Cheers
Paul

P.S. reading back through my post it looks like im trying to do one of those
posts where Im actually working for the company and I am posting to get the
product advertised.... so before anyone asks.... I don't work for the
company!!!

Old March 22nd 05, 11:23 AM
Paul \( Skiing8 \)

"Paul ( Skiing8 )" wrote in message
[...]

I requested a demo version of the software and it arrived yesterday,
Installed it today on my C500 smartphone and it looks pretty good, I cannot
test it though as I don't have a bluetooth GPS yet.... I will try it on my
pocket PC ASAP though... I will have to resort to some testing on my
mountain bike though as I won't be going skiing again this year (just moved
house and cant afford it). Looks like when you buy the full version it
includes 12 months of updates, I think I will be waiting till the week
before I actually go skiing next year untill I get the full version so that
I get as meny new features as possible. Although the current version does
all that I currently have and want (Max speed and distance traveled).

Cheers
Paul