Not a flounce...

Old January 15th 05, 09:00 AM
Steve Haigh

BrritSki wrote:
Steve Haigh wrote:

Actually, having popped back for a couple of days, we are driving
down to 3V on Friday and want to pick up some skis on the way. Anyone
know a Decathlon store really close to the Autoroute, preferably in
or near Chambery ? Or is there a cheaper place to buy - I'm looking
at the Rossi B2s with Axium bindings, available from Decathlon at E539 ?
Extra 30 euros for Axial binding - worth it ?

No idea about shops, but a few mates of mine were raving about the
Axial bindings. They look pretty smart, dunno if they are really any
different to the others.

The difference with the Axium is that the heel rotates a few degrees
either way so it releases more easily under some conditions.

Were your mates raving about something they'd tried or just seen/read
about ?

Well, they were just saying that they had heard they were good, from
talking to people in the biz (one of them is a patroler at Whistler and
so meets a few shop owners, reps etc)). Then one of my my mates got a
pair of Rossi Scratch BC's with the Axiums... 2 days later his season
was over with ACL injury... ooops. I don't think any kind of binding
would have helped though, he tok an awkward fall in deep and fairly
heavy snow. The bindings did release but not before one of his legs was
injured.

To be honest I think at least 50% of the attraction to the Axiums is
just "shiny new kit syndrome".

I think the Look bindings had heel rotation - are these based on the
Looks, or do they just look similar (groan)?