New old equipment

Old December 7th 04, 06:11 PM
Greg

Default New old equipment

Hello folks,

Does anyone know where you can buy equipment that is not this year's
model but still new? Usually current models are prohibitively
expensive. I have grown out of my equipment and I am poor.
Nevertheless it would be nice to have boots on the rare occasion I can
scrape together some cash for skis and a mountain pass.

Thanks,

greg

Old December 7th 04, 06:48 PM
Lisa Horton

Greg wrote:

Hello folks,

Does anyone know where you can buy equipment that is not this year's
model but still new? Usually current models are prohibitively
expensive. I have grown out of my equipment and I am poor.
Nevertheless it would be nice to have boots on the rare occasion I can
scrape together some cash for skis and a mountain pass.

It seems like every store selling ski stuff that I've been in this fall
has at least some items from last year, or the year before, or older.
Last winter I bought 3 year old but brand new in box boots, $375 boots
for $100.

Lisa
Old December 7th 04, 06:51 PM
lal_truckee

Greg wrote:
Hello folks,

Does anyone know where you can buy equipment that is not this year's
model but still new? Usually current models are prohibitively
expensive. I have grown out of my equipment and I am poor.
Nevertheless it would be nice to have boots on the rare occasion I can
scrape together some cash for skis and a mountain pass.

Back room of about any ski shop.
Demo sales.
Swaps. Particularly ski town support-the-schools fall swaps.
Garage sales.
Old December 7th 04, 07:00 PM
John H

Try Cupolo Sports in Canada http://www.cupolosports.com/
Or Colorado Ski Shop in Massachusetts
http://www.coloradoskishop.com/page....d=Default.aspx

Old December 7th 04, 07:02 PM
Marty

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello folks,

Does anyone know where you can buy equipment that is not this year's
model but still new? Usually current models are prohibitively
expensive. I have grown out of my equipment and I am poor.
Nevertheless it would be nice to have boots on the rare occasion I can
scrape together some cash for skis and a mountain pass.

Our local ski shop has a "back room". I love the back room. I shop there a
lot.
--
Marty
Ask where the back room is

Old December 7th 04, 07:21 PM
LePheaux

"John H" wrote in message
Try Cupolo Sports in Canada http://www.cupolosports.com/

Cupolo isn't cheap. nor reputable.
your lucky if you get what you ordered this year, if et al.

Read their feedback on E-Bay.

Try Gart sports.

Old December 7th 04, 09:41 PM
Walt

Greg wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy equipment that is not this year's
model but still new?

Yes. It's a place called "Summer". I can't say I like to go there very
much, but since I have to spend several months a year there anyway
because of my job, I take the opportunity to buy ski gear at bargain prices.

Next time you pass through "Summer" pick up some skis.

--
//-Walt
//
Old December 7th 04, 10:38 PM
John H

My one experience with them was very good, hence my recommendation. I see
that they are no longer registered with e-bay.
John

Old December 8th 04, 12:21 AM
LePheaux

"Walt" wrote in message
Greg wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy equipment that is not this year's
model but still new?

Yes. It's a place called "Summer". I can't say I like to go there very
much, but since I have to spend several months a year there anyway because
of my job, I take the opportunity to buy ski gear at bargain prices.

Next time you pass through "Summer" pick up some skis.

We must live close to each other.
I also shop at summer. got a great deal on some Volkl 6 stars.

--
//-Walt
//

Reallyyyyyyyy G
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old December 8th 04, 03:06 AM
Walt

LePheaux wrote:
"Walt" wrote
Greg wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy equipment that is not this year's
model but still new?

Yes. It's a place called "Summer". I can't say I like to go there very
much, but since I have to spend several months a year there anyway because
of my job, I take the opportunity to buy ski gear at bargain prices.

Next time you pass through "Summer" pick up some skis.

We must live close to each other.

Within a parsec. Probably the same hemisphere.

I also shop at summer. got a great deal on some Volkl 6 stars.

Welcome to the Conspiracy. Make sure you don't tell anybody about it.

--
// Walt
//

equipment trade-ins in new york metro area? Josh Salit Snowboarding 2 March 1st 04 01:36 PM
Equipment advice? D B Alpine Skiing 1 February 27th 04 02:47 PM
Time for New Equipment Gary Kamieneski Alpine Skiing 1 February 20th 04 01:08 PM
Is this a good package deal on Sims equipment? Arnold Snowboarding 2 December 19th 03 01:07 AM
SKI EQUIPMENT HIRE - Advice greatly appreciated Djuro European Ski Resorts 11 November 21st 03 09:41 AM