LA ski areas, no car!

Old January 11th 04, 05:18 AM
pigo

Default LA ski areas, no car!

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
pigo wrote:

"lal_truckee" wrote in message

James P wrote:

lal_truckee wrote in message

Don't know how you get to Mammoth on the cheap from LA, tho. Might be

bus. Hitchhike? I've hitched carrying skis, boots, and poles - takes a
special kind of person to pick you up. I couldn't guess how many such
special people pass a given corner in downtown LA per hour - any

guess,

Bev?

Ya, not really interested in hitching. I figure my choices are either
to rent a car for a week and have it sit in the driveway while I'm at
Mammoth, or rent a car one way to get there and then another car one
way to get back to LA. Might end up costing the same either way!

How's the after-ski and nightlife up there?

If you're concerned about apres-ski and nightlife, find a video game
parlor with a ski game, play it once, and stay in LA. You go to Mammoth
and actually tackle the mountain, you'll have no energy left for
screwing around in the evening - you'll need your beauty rest. Mammoth
is a real mountain.

Though I don't think I have the stamina to do it anymore I've skied many

"real mountain", including Mammoth and still had the energy to party all
night. Don't tell me you've forgotten what it's like to be young?

You can be dead tired at the end of the day. But a few beers and some

new
cutie pie rubbing your leg can give you a second wind real quick!

Not if you intend to push the mountain again the next day.

I seemed to manage.

Not a party hard till the sun comes up. But I could ride last chair, party
until last call, get 4-5 hours sleep and push the mountain the next day.
Sure there were a couple of times that I got too hung to go out. But never
when it counted.

To most people I think that partying is the main reason to go to ski areas.
I still held skiing as the reason to go but could do my share of whooping it
up too.

pigo

Old January 11th 04, 05:39 AM
scottabe

in article , pigo at

James P wrote:
lal_truckee wrote in message

Don't know how you get to Mammoth on the cheap from LA, tho. Might be a
[...]

Though I don't think I have the stamina to do it anymore I've skied many a
"real mountain", including Mammoth and still had the energy to party all
night. Don't tell me you've forgotten what it's like to be young?

Maybe he's forgotten what it is like to be coked up and unable to sleep.

You can be dead tired at the end of the day. But a few beers and some new
cutie pie rubbing your leg can give you a second wind real quick!

Bet there used to be a couple of lines, too, eh, cocaine dealer?

Old January 12th 04, 08:29 PM
Phil Caine

lal_truckee wrote:
That Motel 6 was a pricey $56 a room several years ago. Course you can
get 3 friends in there with you and knock it down near the appropriate
$15 per person per night. There is a shuttle from the 6 to the lifts.

Motel 6 is even more pricey now - $85 for 2 people (the price comes down
sometime in April to $66).

Old January 13th 04, 05:13 AM
The Real Bev

Phil Caine wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
That Motel 6 was a pricey $56 a room several years ago. Course you can
get 3 friends in there with you and knock it down near the appropriate
$15 per person per night. There is a shuttle from the 6 to the lifts.

Motel 6 is even more pricey now - $85 for 2 people (the price comes down
sometime in April to $66).

I haven't stayed in a non-expense-account [m|h]otel since some of them
were called motor courts. Do they actually count the number of people
who go into a room, or is it honor system?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 13th 04, 06:41 AM
Richard Henry

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Phil Caine wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
That Motel 6 was a pricey $56 a room several years ago. Course you can
get 3 friends in there with you and knock it down near the appropriate
$15 per person per night. There is a shuttle from the 6 to the lifts.

Motel 6 is even more pricey now - $85 for 2 people (the price comes down
sometime in April to $66).

I haven't stayed in a non-expense-account [m|h]otel since some of them
were called motor courts. Do they actually count the number of people
who go into a room, or is it honor system?

I haven't stayed at Motel 6 since they charged extra for a key to unlock the
TV.

Old January 14th 04, 12:56 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:41:43 -0800, "Richard Henry"
wrote this crap:

I haven't stayed at Motel 6 since they charged extra for a key to unlock the
TV.

I haven't been to a Motel 6 since I stole 22 bars of soap off the
maid's cart. I wasn't even staying there, I was visiting a friend.

I use the soap for the shower on my yacht.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe