Camera

Old November 14th 04, 08:27 PM
lindygrundy

Default Camera

When I downhill ski, I carry my camera zipped in my inside jacket
pocket. It is rather small and flat (like my pocket) so it doesn't
have much wiggle room. That works well for me. I can't imagine
carrying a backpack snowboarding or skiing...much too restrictive for
me!
Old November 14th 04, 10:36 PM
Michael C

"lindygrundy" wrote in message
om...
When I downhill ski, I carry my camera zipped in my inside jacket
pocket. It is rather small and flat (like my pocket) so it doesn't
have much wiggle room. That works well for me. I can't imagine
carrying a backpack snowboarding or skiing...much too restrictive for
me!

Great.... what's you question?

Old November 15th 04, 11:26 AM
Switters

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:36:46 GMT, "Michael C" allegedly
wrote:

"lindygrundy" wrote in message
om...
When I downhill ski, I carry my camera zipped in my inside jacket
pocket. It is rather small and flat (like my pocket) so it doesn't
have much wiggle room. That works well for me. I can't imagine
carrying a backpack snowboarding or skiing...much too restrictive for
me!

Great.... what's you question?

I'm guessing it was in response to the question posted elsewhere with the
title: "Carrying a camera while riding". Not everyone's news reader keeps
the reference attributions. Chill out a bit.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old November 15th 04, 09:13 PM
Dmitry

"lindygrundy" wrote

pocket. It is rather small and flat (like my pocket) so it doesn't
have much wiggle room. That works well for me.

It's not very likely that you take good action shots with a camera
that fits comfortably in you pocket. Been there, it's just too much
effort to set up for a shot without a decent zoom.

I can't imagine
carrying a backpack snowboarding or skiing...much too restrictive for
me!

I have a GoLite backpack made for cross-country racing, it is
very light (less than 2lbs) and fits very snugly, so it doesn't bother
me at all.

Stuff I carry:
- 1.5l camelback hydration pack
- Extra fleece layer in case it gets really cold, plus a fleece neck band
- Screwdriver and some emergency repair bits and pieces
- Goggles or sunglasses (I only ride in goggles if I absolutely have to)
- Board lock
- Sometimes a camera (Panasonic FZ1 nowdays) in a special shell
- Misc junk like sunblock, board leash in case resort asks for one, etc.
- Cell phone and/or FRS radio
- A small flask with Jagermeister

I was riding with no hydration and tried to just suff everything in my
pockets last season, but found it to be actually more restrictive and
MUCH less convinient than a well made and fitting backpack.

Old November 16th 04, 01:10 AM
Michael C

"Switters" wrote in message
I'm guessing it was in response to the question posted elsewhere with the
title: "Carrying a camera while riding". Not everyone's news reader keeps
the reference attributions. Chill out a bit.

Who said I wasn't chilled.

Michael

Old November 16th 04, 08:01 AM
Switters

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:10:40 GMT, "Michael C"
allegedly wrote:

"Switters" wrote in message
I'm guessing it was in response to the question posted elsewhere with
the title: "Carrying a camera while riding". Not everyone's news
reader keeps the reference attributions. Chill out a bit.

Who said I wasn't chilled.

My apologies, I missed the humour in your post, given that it was so
cunningly disguised.

Old November 16th 04, 08:01 PM
Michael C

"Switters" wrote in message
My apologies, I missed the humour in your post, given that it was so
cunningly disguised.

Some co-workers have asked me to point out when I'm making a joke. I made a
joke recently about who was going to be doing a certain bit of work, to me
it was obviously a joke because this person would never do that sort of work
but the next day I found him struggling with it.

Michael

Old November 17th 04, 05:58 AM
Arvin Chang

"Michael C" wrote in message ...
"Switters" wrote in message
My apologies, I missed the humour in your post, given that it was so
cunningly disguised.

Some co-workers have asked me to point out when I'm making a joke. I made a
joke recently about who was going to be doing a certain bit of work, to me
it was obviously a joke because this person would never do that sort of work
but the next day I found him struggling with it.

Michael

Clearly you don't know how to speak proper Engrish.

That's the problem sometimes with none face-to-face communication, the
non-verbal cues and nuances are sometimes lost. I apparently have been
guilty of the same problem. Emoticons help though - but I guess I need
to be more aggressive in surrounding my "jokes" with just one smiley
face wasn't sufficient in one situation. It's a grey area I guess.
Old November 17th 04, 07:58 AM
id

Arvin Chang wrote:

Emoticons help though - but I guess I need to be more aggressive in
surrounding my "jokes" with just one smiley face wasn't sufficient in
one situation. It's a grey area I guess.

I don't know for sure which smiley Arvin's referring to but I'd already
decided to make one last post on the panty-twisting episode (thanks,
Jason, for putting a smile on my face). I'll look first at how it
started, and then how it ended.

Arvin wrote:

average, better for some, worse for others. The last time Iain
and I engaged in a calculation-intensive thread, it was on this
very topic

I'm am not getting anywhere near Iain's pseudo-physics subthread!

See the smiley face? The comment was made in a light-hearted joking
manner. But you took it fully serious and became very defensive
immediately.

What's underlined is Arvin's original comment; but *that* smiley was put
there by Mike, not by Arvin. And I think the resulting discussion showed
that there was some sentiment behind Arvin's original comment -
sentiment that Arvin had every right to express, and I to respond to. As
Arvin pointed out, it was a civil exchange except for:

Iain wrote:

I look forward to meeting you at Kirkwood and I hope the face-to-face
impression is better than the one I have right now!

That sounds angry and agressive, and I apologise for that.
For me some cool things have come out of posting to this newsgroup. One
was writing a technical paper with Jack Michaud (who I've still never
met in the flesh) - I remember working on that on my PC whilst waiting
for the road to re-open to get out of Kirkwood. The response to it on
Bomber Online was heartening, with good carvers saying how the
understanding that it gave them genuinely helped their riding. Someone
even took the trouble to translate it into Russian!
But the main benefit has been through the friends that I've made who've
become best riding buddies. I genuinely hope I get to share a day's
powder with Arvin some time - I'm sure I can learn something from his
riding.

Iain

Old November 17th 04, 08:02 AM
Switters

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:01:16 GMT, "Michael C"
allegedly wrote:

"Switters" wrote in message
My apologies, I missed the humour in your post, given that it was so
cunningly disguised.

Some co-workers have asked me to point out when I'm making a joke. I
made a joke recently about who was going to be doing a certain bit of
work, to me it was obviously a joke because this person would never do
that sort of work but the next day I found him struggling with it.

And now we're full circle. You missed my joke.

That's the problem with sarcasm. In both my post and your post, sarcasm
was used to attempt to get a point across. One thing about sarcasm is
that if someone calls you on it, you can back down and say "it was just a
joke".

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/

For Auction: Thermal Imaging Camera - One Day Left sell2all Nordic Skiing 0 April 29th 04 05:44 PM
using digital camera on the mountain Dmitry Snowboarding 14 March 4th 04 03:07 AM
The Daily Camera wamu Nordic Skiing 0 October 31st 03 02:02 PM
The Daily Camera wamu Marketplace 0 October 31st 03 02:02 PM
The Daily Camera wamu Alpine Skiing 0 October 31st 03 02:02 PM