Jenex NORDIXC 125 SR Rollerskis: anybody tried 'em??

Old April 30th 04, 08:36 PM
John Fox

Default Jenex NORDIXC 125 SR Rollerskis: anybody tried 'em??

Has anybody tried the NORDIXC 125 SR Rollerskis? These are the 3
wheeled rollerskis: 150mm tire in front, 2x 125mm tires in back, cuff
activated brakes, no need for ski boots. They go for $489 -a little
steep, but I am looking for low-impact, aerobic excercise and
enjoyment first, accurately simulating snow xc skiing second.

Any experiences with the NORDIXC ??

Thanks!
Old May 5th 04, 01:23 PM
Rick Mitchell

I've had the Nordixc Skate rollerskis since they first came out (3-4 yrs?)
These have a single 150 wheel in front & back, with a binding similar to a
snowboard binding. They've worked great and I have really enjoyed them.
One of the best features is the cuff-actuated brake. It really works!
With the Nordixc binding, I rollerski in running shoes. At first, I felt
like I needed a little more support and would use ankle braces. But now I
just use the running shoe. I don't have any experience with the classic
model you are referring to. But I think the Nordixc binding is excellent.

Rick Mitchell
Springville, CA

Old May 6th 04, 02:08 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

Perhaps you should clarify the last phrase, since it could be referring
to speed or technique (or both). Are you looking for a pair of classic
rollerskis? The model you mention is called SC, but with two wheels in
back that makes it a classic ski, presumably. I tried a pre-Aero
classic version of the XC and found them too heavy. They would bounce
once on the pavement on the way down/forward before landing fully, but
I'm tall and you didn't mention your height.

I have a pair of the NordiXC 150 skates that were invaluable in LA where
there was lots of cross traffic and lights, but have been gathering dust
since I moved to the Twin Cities in late 2001 (they could be converted
to 125s, just as I did with the regular Aero 150s, but they are
two-wheeled skates).

Gene Goldenfeld