Is Ebay worth the trouble?

Old December 5th 03, 10:04 PM
Richard Henry

Default Is Ebay worth the trouble?

My kids have outgrown all their stuff and I was considering putting some of
it up on EBay. But it looks like all the EBay ski stuff has zero bids.

Is this typical?

Should I just take it all down to Goodwill instead?

Old December 5th 03, 10:06 PM
Chester Bullock

Richard Henry wrote:

My kids have outgrown all their stuff and I was considering putting some of
it up on EBay. But it looks like all the EBay ski stuff has zero bids.

Is this typical?

Should I just take it all down to Goodwill instead?

Can't hurt to try.

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old December 5th 03, 10:52 PM
RCHRIS

Richard Henry wrote:

My kids have outgrown all their stuff and I was considering putting some of
it up on EBay. But it looks like all the EBay ski stuff has zero bids.

Is this typical?

Should I just take it all down to Goodwill instead?

I almost was able to quit my day job last winter with all the ski suff that I
sold on E-bay.

Rich C.
Old December 6th 03, 03:39 AM
pigo

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
My kids have outgrown all their stuff and I was considering putting some of
it up on EBay. But it looks like all the EBay ski stuff has zero bids.

Is this typical?

Should I just take it all down to Goodwill instead?

I got some stuff that has served me well for $200 a couple of years ago. That's
more than ski stuff is worth to me these days, but a good deal non the less.

pigo

Old December 6th 03, 05:51 AM
Wai Chan

"Richard Henry" wrote in

My kids have outgrown all their stuff and I was considering putting
some of it up on EBay. But it looks like all the EBay ski stuff has
zero bids.

Is this typical?

Should I just take it all down to Goodwill instead?

Another option is to try to sell them at a local swap. That way both you
and the organization (e.g. ski club) can benefit from it (they charge about
20%). You may have to wait until next year for the next opportunity though.

I don't think eBay does much for sellers of ski equipment mostly due to
high shipping cost.

W R Chan from Upstate NY
(to respond, remove ### from email address)

* I have no stinking sig *
Old December 7th 03, 02:00 AM
scottabe

Default More stalking from terrorists

in article
a3JpbWluYWw=.70fa23c53ebf11340adb71d249275589@1070 683251.cotse.net, Nobody
at wrote on 12/5/03 8:00 PM:

Richard Henry wrote:

My kids have outgrown all their stuff and I was considering putting

some of
it up on EBay. But it looks like all the EBay ski stuff has zero

bids.

Is this typical?

Should I just take it all down to Goodwill instead?

Probably. I found about a 100 ski items just from one guy:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=twobuddha&s ort=3&rows=25&since=-
1&rd=1

Hmmm. Richard Henry is cruising Ebay. Then somebody goes anonymous to
encourage his fellow terrorist to harass and lie about me (as one of his
buddies has already done). Typical Richard Henry pattern: encourage others
to do dirty work.
More stalking, more terrorism, more harassment from the criminals of rsa.
What will they do next?

Old December 7th 03, 04:51 AM
Richard Henry

at wrote on 12/5/03 8:00 PM:

Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

Buy something from you?

Old December 7th 03, 05:02 AM
scottabe

in article sdzAb.71654$m24.10105@fed1read02, Richard Henry at

wrote on 12/5/03 8:00 PM:

Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

No. Because you'd have to provide a mailing address, you sick stalker. How
pathetically transparent you are! Bert and I both spotted your pattern,
just laughed about it on the phone.

Old December 7th 03, 07:17 AM
Richard Henry

wrote on 12/5/03 8:00 PM:

Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

OK, you convinced me. Goodwill gets the stuff. If I can only get $10-$20
per item, I'll get better satisfaction knowing I donated to a cause to help
mankind.

Old December 7th 03, 12:37 PM
Terd Fartingmor

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:58:41 -0800, scottabe
wrote this crap:

I stole them off Kerrison.

You FINALLY admit your thievery.

That's the first step toward recovery.

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.