Telemark Freeskiing

Old January 28th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Telemark Freeskiing

Alpine Meadows Telemark Freeskiing Championship, Feb 26 thru Mar 1

(VtSkier - you were early this year ...)

Video: http://www.toughguyproductions.com/showcase.html

Alpine Meadows Ski Resort and Tough Guy Productions have partnered
together to bring you this fantastic event; the Alpine Meadows Telemark
Freeskiing Championship at Alpine Meadows on February 26-March 1, 2009.

Who: Anyone can enter. Ages 12 and up
What: Alpine Meadows Telemark Freeskiing Championship
Whe Alpine Meadows Ski Resort

When:
Thurs Feb 26th
3:00-5:00pm Registration at Alpine Main Lodge
5:00pm Mandatory Competitor Meeting at the Alpine Main Lodge

Fri Feb 27th
10:00am- 3:00pm Preliminary run

Sat Feb 28th
10:00am- 3:30 Final/Super Final
5:00pm- 7:00pm Awards Ceremony/After Party

Fee:
$200 per participant $130 with Alpine Meadows Full Season Pass

How:
For more details or to register contact Tough Guy Productions at
www.toughguyproductions.com
Old January 29th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
Alpine Meadows Telemark Freeskiing Championship, Feb 26 thru Mar 1

(VtSkier - you were early this year ...)

Damn! Well, at least there is a video. Had a great day today
with Walt, in a blizzard. This is getting to be routine. At
least the wind didn't keep us from the top.

Old January 30th 09, 01:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jan 28, 5:31 pm, VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
Alpine Meadows Telemark Freeskiing Championship, Feb 26 thru Mar 1

(VtSkier - you were early this year ...)

Damn! Well, at least there is a video. Had a great day today
with Walt, in a blizzard. This is getting to be routine. At
least the wind didn't keep us from the top.

Not here, all we have is only "outrageously beautiful" sunny
California skiing,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMj8L6F3zM
shadow skiing

Have fun,
IS
Old January 30th 09, 01:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
Alpine Meadows Telemark Freeskiing Championship, Feb 26 thru Mar 1
(VtSkier - you were early this year ...)

Damn! Well, at least there is a video. Had a great day today
with Walt, in a blizzard. This is getting to be routine. At
least the wind didn't keep us from the top.

Not here, all we have is only "outrageously beautiful" sunny
California skiing,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMj8L6F3zM
shadow skiing

Have fun,
IS

Neat. I also have your shadow in the tree skiing sequence from Heavenly.
Old January 30th 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
Alpine Meadows Telemark Freeskiing Championship, Feb 26 thru Mar 1
(VtSkier - you were early this year ...)
Damn! Well, at least there is a video. Had a great day today
with Walt, in a blizzard. This is getting to be routine. At
least the wind didn't keep us from the top.

Not here, all we have is only "outrageously beautiful" sunny
California skiing,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMj8L6F3zM
shadow skiing

Have fun,
IS

Neat. I also have your shadow in the tree skiing sequence from Heavenly.

Besides that, it's snowing again today. Light, puffy blower. Too bad
there won't be more than a few inches of it. The snow in front of my
house is piled to the eaves from the road plow going by out front and
the roof sliding. Out back, where there are no plows or roofs, the
natural depth is about 3' and that's down in the valley, the valley so
low...
Old January 31st 09, 02:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

lal_truckee wrote:
Alpine Meadows Telemark Freeskiing Championship, Feb 26 thru Mar 1
(VtSkier - you were early this year ...)
Damn! Well, at least there is a video. Had a great day today
with Walt, in a blizzard. This is getting to be routine. At
least the wind didn't keep us from the top.

Not here, all we have is only "outrageously beautiful" sunny
California skiing,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMj8L6F3zM
shadow skiing

Have fun,
IS

Neat. I also have your shadow in the tree skiing sequence from Heavenly.

Thanks. I was practicing my aim with the video camera,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQQdLsWbEdI
shadow skiing high roller

Besides that, it's snowing again today. Light, puffy blower. Too bad
there won't be more than a few inches of it. The snow in front of my
house is piled to the eaves from the road plow going by out front and
the roof sliding. Out back, where there are no plows or roofs, the
natural depth is about 3' and that's down in the valley, the valley so
low...

Well, we will not see the rain clouds for another week at the least.
The two feet of snow (what resort claimed) fell on the last storm
systems lasted about three days, and now is all but tracked out and
groomed out. The snow in the trees remains soft, nevertheless, rocks
are the rule.

It'll be another "disgustingly gorgeous" skiing day today,

Have a good one,
IS
Old February 2nd 09, 09:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

VtSkier wrote:

Had a great day today
with Walt, in a blizzard. This is getting to be routine.

I think that there's a pattern emerging. When someone skis with you,
there's a blizzard. When someone skis with lal, only a small part of
the hill is open. When you two ski together, there's a blizzard AND the
hill is only partly open

At least the wind didn't keep us from the top.

True, but it was close. Remember the Skyship gondola operator saying
that another 5mph and the gondola would have been in a wind hold.
Ramshead lift was closed altogether.

//Walt