Airport transfer to Tignes/Les 2 Alpes

Old November 29th 05, 09:15 AM

Default Airport transfer to Tignes/Les 2 Alpes

I'm planning a ski holiday next Jan either in Tignes or Les 2 Alpes.
Which of Grenoble, Lyon, Geneva is the best airport with regard to
transfer from the airport to the resort?

Which is the best/cheapest way to do it? Bus? Train?

TIA

MikeS.
Old November 29th 05, 09:51 AM

Mike Scott wrote:
I'm planning a ski holiday next Jan either in Tignes or Les 2 Alpes.
Which of Grenoble, Lyon, Geneva is the best airport with regard to
transfer from the airport to the resort?

Which is the best/cheapest way to do it? Bus? Train?

For Les 2 Alpes Grenoble airport is closest and quickest, Lyon not that
much further. Bus is definitely the way to go as the train doesn't go
further than the centre of Grenoble.

For Tignes it makes little difference timewise whether you arrive in
Grenoble or Lyon airports; again bus will be quicker though you could
also consider getting the train to Bourg Saint Maurice:

John.

--
-- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr
Old December 1st 05, 11:13 AM

From Geneva, timetable is at http://www.gva.ch/publications/pdfs/as.pdf

Old January 24th 06, 10:20 PM

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:51:10 +0100, "John Wilcock"
wrote:

Mike Scott wrote:
I'm planning a ski holiday next Jan either in Tignes or Les 2 Alpes.
Which of Grenoble, Lyon, Geneva is the best airport with regard to
transfer from the airport to the resort?

Which is the best/cheapest way to do it? Bus? Train?

For Les 2 Alpes Grenoble airport is closest and quickest, Lyon not that
much further. Bus is definitely the way to go as the train doesn't go
further than the centre of Grenoble.

Can the bus to Les 2 Alpes be booked online, any idea of cost etc ...
many thanks
Old February 6th 06, 11:32 AM

I used them last week from Lyon to La Tania. Change at Moutiers and
it was a taxi up/down both ways as I was the only one. I went out
Monday, came back Friday so things were quiet on the bus and on the
road.

A flight change into Lyon meant I only had 35 minutes from scheduled
landing to bus departure. I was 10 minutes after scheduled departure
to the Office at the airport but they knew what flight I was coming in
on and waited for me. Weekday and empty roads. I doubt if the would
do it at a weekend..

If you can get accomodation that isn't Sat/Sun to Sat/Sun then weekday
cheap flights are there for the taking.

Ski hire and lift pass collection is also a doddle.

Stan

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 00:10:27 +0000, wrote:

Thanks Stan..
I've had a look, looks promising.
Has anybody used them?

I see that some resort maps from the site have red dots on. Are they
drop off points or is that the local 'free' shuttle....

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:27:32 +0000, Stan Mullery
wrote:

Try
http://satobus-alpes.altibus.com/

Stan