foggy glasses

Old January 30th 05, 01:44 PM
diane

Default foggy glasses

I'm newbie, love x skiing so far, but have to find something to use on my
good glasses to keep them from fogging up. I'm fine if I keep moving but
I'm still at that huff and puff stage....So when I stop the glasses fog up!

Old January 30th 05, 04:01 PM
Paul

I ski with some guys way above my caliber, and notice the same problem
exists. Ski (or bike) with your glasses on, and you can't see for the
frosting up, and ski without your glasses on and you can't see. Take
your pick. I wear contacts in a race or a long ski.

I did notice that old glasses with larger lenses which come close to my
cheek stay much clearer. Paul.

Old January 30th 05, 05:05 PM
Melinda Shore

In article ,
diane wrote:
I'm newbie, love x skiing so far, but have to find something to use on my
good glasses to keep them from fogging up.

Cat Crap works pretty well for me.

In 1978, George Bush was warning that Social Security
would go broke in 10 years
Old January 30th 05, 08:39 PM
diane

What a product name! here is a link. $3.75 I bought 2 and paid $1.50
shipping http://store.yahoo.com/glassafeeyewe...s/catcrap.html

When I was younger the contacts were the way to go- I can't wear them now,
so this will help, thanks. Since I work outside I'll get maximum benefit

Diane

Old January 31st 05, 12:40 AM
gr

diane wrote:
I'm newbie, love x skiing so far, but have to find something to use on my
good glasses to keep them from fogging up. I'm fine if I keep moving but
I'm still at that huff and puff stage....So when I stop the glasses fog up!

It seems funny I don't have the same problem. I wear wraparound
prescription sunglasses (plastic lenses), old sunglasses with glass
lenses, or plastic clean glasses with no fogging. I perspire heavily, so
I would expect this to be a problem.
The only time I have had fogging is when I wear a balaclava with either
my nose of mouth covered, or sometimes when it is very cold and I
breathe out of my mouth too much (exhaling upward a bit I
guess)(exhaling through my nose seems to fix it.
Mostly it is sticky snowflakes that get me. My wife kids me about the
Elmer Fudd hat with the earflaps and brim I wear to keep some of the
snow off the glasses. Anybody know of a cooler hat with a brim and ear
warming somethings?
gr

Old January 31st 05, 04:13 PM
diane

living in NH you quickly acquire a hat and glove collection. Warmth is
fashion. And I hate anything on my glasses. I'd love one of those fur
Russian hats or bomber hats, but have some pride- wouldnt that look sweet
with a headlight on also?

you'd fit right in here.

no worse than the 2 pairs of PJ's at night I guess

Diane

Old January 31st 05, 05:35 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Rudy Project makes a special set of glasses that a friend of mine has
that work very well for him -- it is the Ekynox Mask. See bottom of
this page:
http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/produc...gles/index.htm.

Gearwest sells these online
http://store.yahoo.com/gear-west/ruprekma.html.

I get some fogging with my glasses, but the key things to reduce it
are the amount of movement of air over the lens and also not wearing
too much clothes. If possible, I think it's worth experimenting with
different glasses to see which work best. And some models of sports
glasses, such as from Smith and Rudy Project, have adjustable
nosepieces that can be used to fine tune the fit and help with
fogging.

For me, I had one pair that fogged less than another, and noted some
differences between them in terms of fit. The pair that fogged less
sat higher up my face. I was able to adjust the fit of the more foggy
pair with a set of glue-on nose pads -- they were from Rudy Project
but would work on many other plastic framed glasses --- to change the
position of the lens on my face. That helped a lot.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com

sun glasses ? Tommy Marketplace 2 February 26th 04 08:09 AM
Questions from a new skiing family Wai Chan Alpine Skiing 5 February 22nd 04 06:06 AM
Glasses keep Fogging Stan Lipnowski Nordic Skiing 5 January 21st 04 06:19 PM
Skiing with prescription glasses JMC Nordic Skiing 7 December 2nd 03 11:38 PM
Newbie question - Please help Mike Alpine Skiing 38 November 17th 03 10:49 PM