Is this normal?

Old January 28th 05, 09:12 PM
JCZ

Default Is this normal?

I stuck a pair of Alpina boots with NNN toes that I normally use with
Rottefella NNN bindings into a new pair of skis with Salomon bindings.
I have new Karhu boots with Salomon toes on them to go with the new
skis, but I LOVE the old boots, and I just did it to see if it would
work. It did. The heel of the Alpina kind of perched upwards, but my
body weight would push them down. I wonder if they'll really work when
I actually ski on them. I don't want to mess up the Salomon bindings
though.

Do NNN boots normally interchange with Salomon bindings?

Old January 28th 05, 09:23 PM
Camilo

"JCZ" wrote in message
I stuck a pair of Alpina boots with NNN toes that I normally use with
Rottefella NNN bindings into a new pair of skis with Salomon bindings.
I have new Karhu boots with Salomon toes on them to go with the new
skis, but I LOVE the old boots, and I just did it to see if it would
work. It did. The heel of the Alpina kind of perched upwards, but my
body weight would push them down. I wonder if they'll really work when
I actually ski on them. I don't want to mess up the Salomon bindings
though.

Do NNN boots normally interchange with Salomon bindings?

No - just take a look at the bottom of the boots compared to the bindings.
It's not the "toe" of the boot, its the entire sole. Theres a huge
difference between the Salomon SNS Profil sole and the NNN sole. Put the
ski on a table and put the boot into the binding and I think you'll decide
that although you can make it work, it's not good.

Old January 28th 05, 10:46 PM
Mark

Camilo wrote:
"JCZ" wrote in message

[...]

Just to follow up this question. I haven't really paid that much
attention to the way the bindings are built, but would it be possible
for a boot manufacturer to make a boot that would really fit both
bindings ? I mean by adapting the sole or whatever to fit both bindings ?
Old January 28th 05, 11:01 PM
JCZ

I did that. I noticed it. That's why I said the heel was raised. But
will it damage the binding?

June

Old January 29th 05, 02:04 PM
wintermutt

now that man is thinking! that is a great idea!!!
of course you could. just need a sole that has
the big groove from the profil, the side grooves form the NNN,
and also an extra cross groove for the pilot.
i think rental places would love them.

Old January 29th 05, 03:24 PM
Mark

wintermutt wrote:
now that man is thinking! that is a great idea!!!
of course you could. just need a sole that has
the big groove from the profil, the side grooves form the NNN,
and also an extra cross groove for the pilot.
i think rental places would love them.

But there'll probably be some kind of patent protection on the sole
patterns I suppose.