NOW Elvis FINALLY has left the building.

Old April 3rd 04, 02:34 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Default NOW Elvis FINALLY has left the building.

Today is Saturday before Easter, and tomorrow I will drive up in the
mountains to a small mountain cabin on an altitude of around 1.500 metres,
or around 4.500 feet. This is nothing in the Alps or in North America, but
is more than enough here in subarctic Scandinavia. The cabin is very
primitive with no extras, not even electricity, so we use wax candles and
parafine, and lots of stored firewood. Same procedure as every Easter for
me, this is, you know. We get drinking water from a hole in a nearby
mountain lake, and melt snow in addition to this for washing purposes. There
is not much up there except reindeer, some foxes and grouses, and the odd
wolverine, but the ice fishing is great (mainly perch, mountain trout and
red mountain trout). We use mainly live bait, like fly worms or maggots. I
will do a little easy alpine skiing, some telemark skiing, but mainly XC
(cross-country) skiing, since the conditions up there are really just like
tailor-made for this type of skiing, you know. Happy Easter Holidays!!
See you all in October or maybe November, then.

- Inger SJ - the most powerful signature in Europe.

Stop feeding Mary Malmros!

Americans beware! Only John F. Kerry (JFK) can save you now!

Old April 3rd 04, 03:10 PM
Richard Henry

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote in message
[...]

Do you drop the live bait in the same hole where you get your drinking
water?

Old April 3rd 04, 03:23 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Richard Henry" skrev i melding
Do you drop the live bait in the same hole where you get your drinking

water?
Oh NO, of course not. We use an axe to make the drinking water hole where we
collect drinking water in buckets, and to keep it open, and we use so-called
ice drills to drill the fishing holes in the ice. There is only one single,
big water hole, but several smaller holes for our ice fishing. We bait the
fishing holes in advance, to draw the fish closer to the holes, and to try
to make them stay put around there. We fish for food only, catch&release has
no tradition here. Sometimes we melt snow and boil it afterwards for making
coffee or tea, but never for ordinary drinking purposes outside that. For
washing, we use to melt snow. Our toilet is a so-called "little house" or
"outhouse", just a few metres from the cabin itself, where we relax when
necessary and nature calls with meditation and old magazines.

Old April 3rd 04, 05:52 PM
Terd Fartingmor

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 16:34:11 +0200, "Inger Skramstad Jørstad"
wrote this crap:

Today is Saturday before Easter, and tomorrow I will drive up in the
mountains to a small mountain cabin on an altitude of around 1.500 metres,
or around 4.500 feet.

Good for you. I'll be working on my yacht, getting it ready for the
yacht racing season. This winter I had a new prop installed,
guaranteed to make it six seconds faster.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
Old April 3rd 04, 08:08 PM
Alan Baker

wrote this crap:

Today is Saturday before Easter, and tomorrow I will drive up in the
mountains to a small mountain cabin on an altitude of around 1.500 metres,
or around 4.500 feet.

Good for you. I'll be working on my yacht, getting it ready for the
yacht racing season. This winter I had a new prop installed,
guaranteed to make it six seconds faster.

And no doubt you'll have your handicap adjusted accordingly!

Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old April 4th 04, 12:35 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 20:08:53 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

wrote this crap:

Today is Saturday before Easter, and tomorrow I will drive up in the
mountains to a small mountain cabin on an altitude of around 1.500 metres,
or around 4.500 feet.

Good for you. I'll be working on my yacht, getting it ready for the
yacht racing season. This winter I had a new prop installed,
guaranteed to make it six seconds faster.

And no doubt you'll have your handicap adjusted accordingly!

What handicap? My arms and legs work just fine.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
Old April 4th 04, 01:05 AM
Alan Baker

In article ,
Terd wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 20:08:53 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

wrote this crap:

Today is Saturday before Easter, and tomorrow I will drive up in the
mountains to a small mountain cabin on an altitude of around 1.500 metres,
or around 4.500 feet.

Good for you. I'll be working on my yacht, getting it ready for the
yacht racing season. This winter I had a new prop installed,
guaranteed to make it six seconds faster.

And no doubt you'll have your handicap adjusted accordingly!

What handicap? My arms and legs work just fine.

You mentioned "yacht racing", so unless you're talking one-design...

Old April 4th 04, 06:06 AM
The Real Bev

[...]

Doesn't a story like this normally end with something about breaking the
ice on the lake and leaping into the freezing water naked and then
beating yourself about the shoulders with birch twigs?

Happy summer from the decadent US anyway!

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old April 4th 04, 06:28 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding
Today is Saturday before Easter, and tomorrow I will drive up in the
mountains to a small mountain cabin on an altitude of around 1.500 metres,

Due to extremely bad weather conditions I had to cancel my departure for the
mountains today. Fog, wet snow, wind, etc. etc., you all know everything
there is to know about these things already, I guess. My departure is now
delayed (put on hold) until tomorrow, or maybe even Tuesday or Wednesday at
the absolute latest. The weather forecast is not too promising until Tuesday
night, you see. Nobody can do anything about the weather, not even me. Some
funny translations for you while we wait: English "vicar" (= priest,
clergyman), Norwegian "vikar" = English "substitute", or "temp" (temporary,
a temporary employee). English "actor", well, you know, someone who acts or
pretends, in movies, for instance. Norwegian "aktor" = English "prosecutor"
or "district attorney". Happy Easter!!

Old April 4th 04, 06:35 PM
Terd Fartingmor

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 01:05:31 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

Good for you. I'll be working on my yacht, getting it ready for the
yacht racing season. This winter I had a new prop installed,
guaranteed to make it six seconds faster.

And no doubt you'll have your handicap adjusted accordingly!

What handicap? My arms and legs work just fine.

You mentioned "yacht racing", so unless you're talking one-design...

I bought the prop in Vegas. And you know what they say, "what happens
in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.