Keski trail conditions?

Old February 13th 06, 02:34 PM

Default Keski trail conditions?

Beyond the web site report can someone detail the conditions in Gatineau
Park in anticipation of the keski this weekend?
Old February 13th 06, 02:56 PM

Conditions are great for skating right now and the classic tracks are
beautiful on the parkway. In fact the last weekend was perhaps the best
skiing of the year. Snow is a bit abrasive for classic and on the
weekend you would have been well-served by using a cold klister or teho
green covered with hard wax. Tracks are hard with some loose floury
snow, so you can't just go by the air temp. guide, if that's how you
grip wax.
In the woods things are a bit sketchier for skating but still good. We
are anticipating some more snow this week which should soften things up
(hopefully not too much... I find it just right for skating right now):
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/p..._metric_e.html
The only thing I would be concerned about is skating the section on 15.
It's a wee bit narrow so it becomes a bit difficult when conditions are
hard, but hopefully with some more snow and grooming it will be fine by
Sunday morning. Considering the weird weather we've had this winter, it
looks really good.

Old February 14th 06, 01:20 AM

It all depends on how warm it gets on Friday. It is supposed to be
fairly cold by Saturday so if it gets much above freezing on Friday and
there is some rain mixed in it could be interesting, depending on when
they groom (hopefully after the temp. drops).
But the weather patterns could shift by a day or two, which would
change everything, so it's hard to say. At least we can be sure of some
good skiing.

Old February 14th 06, 01:47 AM

On 13 Feb 2006 18:20:21 -0800, "cpella" wrote:

It all depends on how warm it gets on Friday. It is supposed to be
fairly cold by Saturday so if it gets much above freezing on Friday and
there is some rain mixed in it could be interesting, depending on when
they groom (hopefully after the temp. drops).
But the weather patterns could shift by a day or two, which would
change everything, so it's hard to say. At least we can be sure of some
good skiing.

I can't wait. Though I'm not looking forward to the drive from NYC.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old February 15th 06, 12:53 PM

It's still looking pretty good. Last night I was out skating on soft
powder as it was snowing lightly. It's warmed up today and the snow has
alot of moisture in it. Weather conditions will be a composite of
Gatineau (lower park) and Chelsea (higher). Cold for classic and warmer
for skating, which is what you would hope for.

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/p..._metric_e.html
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/p..._metric_e.html

Chris

Old February 16th 06, 05:48 PM

Does anyone know if there will be a ski-waxing service at the Mont Bleu
high school. I'm driving up Saturday and am pressed for time, I'm
hoping I could drop my skis off Saturday afternoon and have them back
and ready to go fast on Sunday morning. Some might say that for my
skis to go fast it would be best to change the skier, but am hoping a
decent wax job will help.