Libtech

Old February 12th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Libtech

Can anyone describe how a libtech feels? crazy question? Rode a gnu
years ago and it just felt odd, plastic? Been riding burtons and i
like them because they feel like wood, very predictable rides.
Would like to make a move to a mullet and try magna traction.
Feed back would be great thanks.

Old February 12th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

On Feb 12, 9:11 am, wrote:
Can anyone describe how a libtech feels? crazy question? Rode a gnu
years ago and it just felt odd, plastic? Been riding burtons and i
like them because they feel like wood, very predictable rides.
Would like to make a move to a mullet and try magna traction.
Feed back would be great thanks.

It's a little bit of a silly question (I wonder if the Burton aluminum
core "rides like wood") although I guess I have ridden a Titanal board
with no wood in it (awesome ride).

If you check out my recent board reviews post, I recently ridden a '07
LibTech Magnetraction, Phoenix, and Rice Rocket. The Magnetraction has
a wood core from the website and rode like a semi-damp, stiff wood
core to me. The Phoenix also has a wood core plus basalt fiber (versus
fiberglass) that feels a little different, but in a good way (lighter,
more pop). I didn't ride the Mullet, but it has a wood core as well
(don't know if will "feel" like a woodcore).

Where do you live? Unless you are getting some very icy (I don't mean
frozen hardpack) slopes, I don't think you will need the
Magnetraction, it has a ton of edgehold - but it doesn't quite carve
with a smooth thrust (imagine cutting a tomato with a breadknife). I
only got half a day on the Magnetraction, and while I was able to
control it the whole time (even on spins in the park). I wouldn't say
it way 100% predictable, of course I don't know what the base bevel
was and I didn't have much time to get used to it. I grew up on the
East Coast and moved out West.

Good luck

Old February 14th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Great! Thank's for the feedback. So maybe i don't need Magna Traction.
But do Lib Techs still feel glassy or plastic? On the topic of
aluminum core boards. I will never ride one due to the cost.They are
way out of my range thanks.
One last question, whats a Titanal

Old February 14th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

On Feb 14, 9:26 am, wrote:
Great! Thank's for the feedback. So maybe i don't need Magna Traction.
But do Lib Techs still feel glassy or plastic? On the topic of
aluminum core boards. I will never ride one due to the cost.They are
way out of my range thanks.
One last question, whats a Titanal

Titanal is a metal alloy that is mostly aluminum - it is used in the
high end raceboards - many of the Olympics GS snowboarders (not SBX)
were sporting Titanal boards (Gold/Silver/Bronze medalists). Here are
some articles on it.

http://tinyurl.com/2vnvls
http://tinyurl.com/36mzj4
http://tinyurl.com/39b377

I'm not sure if I can describe the LibTech feel in the way you want. I
know that Mike T used to describe the Salomon boards as plasticky, but
I really liked that capped, torsion box feel - which the LibTech
Phoenix has... so maybe? I really like the flex of the Phoenix. I
think you are going to have to ride them yourself to really tell.