how fast do you go?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 5th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default how fast do you go?

hey now - any one ever had their speed reliably measured? I recently had
a skier friend who races regularly say he thought I was going about 40
down one of our more open blue runs while making some fairly wide turns
on my Incline (by no means straightlining it downhill). He seemed to
think this fairly fast but I never considered myself to be going fast,
just kinda normal speed for me on that run.

So just wondering if anyone has every been clocked for real on a regular
non-race ride? And what about the guys on the race boards? I imagine
there will always be a drop off compared to skiers who have two edges to
work with, but how much?

Why Is A Ski Fast? jimbo Alpine Skiing 8 December 25th 06 02:52 AM
How fast have you gone on rollerskis? Chris Esposito Nordic Skiing 13 December 8th 04 11:41 PM
fast cash MATTHEWMIP Marketplace 0 October 3rd 04 06:39 PM
Fast freeride? Ian Snowboarding 19 May 7th 04 10:30 PM
How fast is Super G? John Smith Alpine Skiing 9 February 23rd 04 09:11 PM