That time of year

Old November 28th 09, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default That time of year

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:55:11 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

Champ wrote in
:

I've actually spent one day on skis. But learning snowplough turns
was pretty straightforward, then I could do stem turns quite quickly,
then Bruce and J took me up a red run. Which I got down. Not pretty,
but I got down it.

Excellent. You're ready for ski agricole.

Hehe. Is that the same as Ski Vegetal?

Remind me (where?) you are precisely?

Around 45 minutes from most of the best ski stations in the northern
Alps.

Pfah! You're miles away from here (Engelberg).

Had a splendid afternoon's skiing today. Not many pistes open, but
many of the closed ones had nice snow, including fresh stuff in the
hollows, so it about 25% of the normal terrain was available.

Approximately he http://bit.ly/5oqTD7 (actually that's the ex-mayor's
house, now I zoom in - we're up the lane).

Nice. I must admit, your claim isn't far from the truth. I guess your
closest decent-sized station is Praz de Lys? Spent a weekend there
coupla years back and was very impressed. Good snow was fortunate, of
course, but what a lovely little place.
Old November 28th 09, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jérémy

Ace wrote in
news
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:55:11 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

Excellent. You're ready for ski agricole.

Hehe. Is that the same as Ski Vegetal?

Probably. You recognise it when it's all over your boots.

Remind me (where?) you are precisely?

Around 45 minutes from most of the best ski stations in the northern
Alps.

Pfah! You're miles away from here (Engelberg).

Actually, Engelberg sounds rather fun, but it's a bit out of the way for
us. We could perhaps do it for a weekend from Geneva by train, but it
would be inconvenient to drive.

I guess your
closest decent-sized station is Praz de Lys? Spent a weekend there
coupla years back and was very impressed. Good snow was fortunate, of
course, but what a lovely little place.

I've mostly done ski de fond at PdL. Compared with the main places, I'd
hardly call it decent-sized, but with good enough snow anywhere is great.
We have les Brasses, which is even smaller but is actually our village,
and we walk all over the hill all the time so we know our way through the
woods, but the nearest big area is the Grand Massif. Are you doing SCGB
stuff at Flaine this season?

--
Jeremy
R1200RT
Old November 28th 09, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jérémy

"Jérémy" wrote in
:

I guess your
closest decent-sized station is Praz de Lys? Spent a weekend there
coupla years back and was very impressed. Good snow was fortunate, of
course, but what a lovely little place.

I've mostly done ski de fond at PdL. Compared with the main places,
I'd hardly call it decent-sized, but with good enough snow anywhere is
great.

I just stuck my nose out of the window, and was reminded that Sommand is
just across the valley - I can see it in the moonlight. Several of our
neighbours work there in winter.

I keep trying to persuade my gf to climb the Pic de Marcelly in winter.
Maybe this year....

--
Jeremy
R1200RT