Flaine accomodation

Old November 30th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

Default Flaine accomodation

My Google mojo is weak.

Do they actually have hotels in Flaine? Low-end ones are fine. I can
find appartments and might well rent one but I'd like a little choice.
Looking for a single room only, around mid Jan probably if everything
comes together.

--
-Pip
Old November 30th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:22:43 +0000, Pip Luscher
wrote:

My Google mojo is weak.

Do they actually have hotels in Flaine?

Not really, no.

Low-end ones are fine.

Well, OK, there's the Aujon. Heartily unreccomended by 80% of people
who stay there. It's not that bad actually, but many brits find the
food and ambiance a bit too, err, bugdet French club hotel-like. Which
isn't that surprising.

I can
find appartments and might well rent one but I'd like a little choice.
Looking for a single room only, around mid Jan probably if everything
comes together.

But fortunately there is hope. The one place I would recommend is the
Chalet Cascades. A five-minute walk across the snow from Flaine Forum,
doing B&B or half-board as you like, and not rigidly stuck with
Sat-Sat bookings which you will find almost anywhere else.

Stayed there a few times, including once when Champ joined us for a
long weekend there. Basic, but clean and welcoming.
http://www.lacascade-flaine.fr/

Flaine Ace[_2_] European Ski Resorts 10 March 31st 08 09:16 PM
Anyone going to Flaine soon? Sidheag McCormack European Ski Resorts 3 February 27th 06 10:22 PM
Flaine? JF European Ski Resorts 11 April 6th 05 10:37 AM
Flaine Scaramanga Snowboarding 2 February 18th 05 11:44 AM
Flaine John European Ski Resorts 29 April 20th 04 01:25 PM