Salt Lake City Vs Colorado? Which is best for skiing?

Old October 18th 04, 04:19 PM
Angus Grandison

Default Salt Lake City Vs Colorado? Which is best for skiing?

I am part of a group want to go skiing in the states either to Park City (Salt
Lake City) or Breckenridge (Colorado). After a week of Skiing we intend to drive
to Las Vegas. Park City is closer but what I would like to know is how these
resorts compare to one another. We are intermediate skiers.

TIA

Angus
Old October 18th 04, 06:14 PM
ttalb

"Angus Grandison" wrote in message
I am part of a group want to go skiing in the states either to Park City
(Salt Lake City) or Breckenridge (Colorado). After a week of Skiing we
intend to drive to Las Vegas. Park City is closer but what I would like to
know is how these resorts compare to one another. We are intermediate
skiers.

TIA

Angus

I would go with Salt Lake City. You have 7 resorts within 45 minutes of each
other. Plus you can head up to Powder Mountain as well. You can stay in the
SLC (Sandy) area relatively inexpensively and drive to all of the resorts
easily. All seven resorts have unique identities from smaller and more
inexpensive (Solitude, Brighton) to expensive and pompous (Deer Valley
IMHO). You also have the combo of Snowbird and Alta on a single lift ticket.
Park City Mtn also has lots of terrain for you. My favorite is The Canyons
due to the variety and options depending upon weather and time of day you
can find lots of good snow.

Have fun.
Tim

Old October 19th 04, 08:39 PM
snoig

Angus Grandison wrote in message ...
I am part of a group want to go skiing in the states either to Park City (Salt
Lake City) or Breckenridge (Colorado). After a week of Skiing we intend to drive
to Las Vegas. Park City is closer but what I would like to know is how these
resorts compare to one another. We are intermediate skiers.

TIA

Angus

Well, Breckenridge also has 7 resorts within 45 minutes so that's
really not a reason to choose one over the other. You didn't say when
you were going which I think is really the deciding factor. If you
are planning on coming over spring break (~March) then you will see
fewer crowds in Utah. Otherwise, it really depends on who had more
snow the previous week. I know, it's hard to make long range plans
depending on the weather. In general Utah will have better snow
(really doesn't matter if you're skiing groomed runs). And Colorado
will have better night life.

snoig
Old October 28th 04, 07:54 PM
Roger Smith

Park City is good, but in SLC there are 7 great areas to ski. Alta and
Snowbird being the best, in my humble opinion. Plus you have Robert
Redford's Sundance near Provo not far south, and Snowbasin and Powder
Mountain near Ogden a little to the north. In Utah you are spoiled for
skiing is the greatest power on earth.
Roger

Used gear Salt Lake htn Snowboarding 0 February 22nd 04 12:51 PM
demo boards in Salt Lake htn Snowboarding 0 February 12th 04 07:18 PM
car rental Salt Lake City: Is a full car needed htn Alpine Skiing 6 February 11th 04 05:36 AM
Salt Lake City next week anyone? (longish) Chris Cline Nordic Skiing 0 January 9th 04 04:11 PM