Merry Christmas to all of you in rec.skiing.alpine... :-) (03)

Old December 23rd 03, 07:00 AM
Stig Arne Bye

Default Merry Christmas to all of you in rec.skiing.alpine... :-) (03)

It's Christmas time again.....

Therefore, here is my Christmas greeting card for you, as you will find
at the following address since posting binaries to non-binary newsgroups
isn't allowed:

http://home.online.no/~stigbye/chris...ng_alpine.html

Cheers,

Stig Arne Bye

IMPORTANT:
----------
Generally I do not fake my e-mail address in newsgroup posts, but due to
the current W32.Swen.A@mm worm that harvest e-mail addresses directly
from newsgroup posts (I have so far received a total of almost 11,000
W32.Swen.A@mm infected e-mail during the last 3 months), I'm currently
using a faked e-mail address.
Therefore, if you want to make a direct reply by e-mail, you must remove
the text "NOWORM" from my e-mail address!

Old December 23rd 03, 01:23 PM
Walt

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

It's Christmas time again.....

Therefore, here is my Christmas greeting card for you...

http://home.online.no/~stigbye/chris...ng_alpine.html

" The picture I have used to create the greeting card is just a
randomly selected picture from a huge collection..."

" Therefore, the picture is not showing me (or taken by me)"

Good thing. Otherwise we would all have to send you invitations to BITE
US.

Happy Holidays, Stig.

--
//-Walt
//
Old December 23rd 03, 03:51 PM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

It's Christmas time again.....

Therefore, here is my Christmas greeting card for you...

http://home.online.no/~stigbye/chris...ng_alpine.html

" The picture I have used to create the greeting card is just a
randomly selected picture from a huge collection..."

" Therefore, the picture is not showing me (or taken by me)"

Good thing. Otherwise we would all have to send you invitations to BITE
US.

Yeah, like he COULDN'T be lying! I think that a provisional BITE ME is
definitely in order!

Happy Holidays, Stig.

Likewise!

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 23rd 03, 05:06 PM
nafod40

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

It's Christmas time again.....

Therefore, here is my Christmas greeting card for you...

http://home.online.no/~stigbye/chris...ng_alpine.html

" The picture I have used to create the greeting card is just a
randomly selected picture from a huge collection..."

" Therefore, the picture is not showing me (or taken by me)"

Good thing. Otherwise we would all have to send you invitations to BITE
US.

Yeah, like he COULDN'T be lying! I think that a provisional BITE ME is
definitely in order!

Happy Holidays, Stig.

Likewise!

Ol' Stig's a busy beaver, with his similar posts on rec.skydiving and
rec.climbing and many others.

I've never had spam for Christmas dinner before. Yummy!

Old December 24th 03, 10:10 PM
Stig Arne Bye

nafod40 wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

It's Christmas time again.....

Therefore, here is my Christmas greeting card for you...

http://home.online.no/~stigbye/chris...ng_alpine.html

" The picture I have used to create the greeting card is just a
randomly selected picture from a huge collection..."

" Therefore, the picture is not showing me (or taken by me)"

Good thing. Otherwise we would all have to send you invitations to BITE
US.

Yeah, like he COULDN'T be lying! I think that a provisional BITE ME is
definitely in order!

Happy Holidays, Stig.

Likewise!

Ol' Stig's a busy beaver, with his similar posts on rec.skydiving and
rec.climbing and many others.

This year, I'm posting my Christmas greetings cards to 24 newsgroups in
total, i.e. all newsgroups I'm frequently reading due to my own
interrests in different activities etc., whereof 16 international
newsgroups (rec.* and alt.*) with English text and 8 Norwegian
newsgroups (no.*) with Norwegian text.

I've never had spam for Christmas dinner before. Yummy!

What makes you think my Christmas greetings are spam, as they are never
intended as spam.

FYI, I have been posting my Christmas greetings to different newsgroups
every year since 1996, and this is the first year that someone ever has
used the word "spam" about my Christmas greetings...

As this so far has happened on at least two different newsgroups this
year, I may concider to not posting any Christmas greetings at all on
the affected newsgroups from next year if my greetings are continued to
be interpreted as spam...

Regards,

Stig Arne Bye

NOTE: Remove "FALSE" from e-mail address to reply.

Old December 24th 03, 10:29 PM
The Real Bev

nafod40 wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

It's Christmas time again.....

Therefore, here is my Christmas greeting card for you...

http://home.online.no/~stigbye/chris...ng_alpine.html

" The picture I have used to create the greeting card is just a
randomly selected picture from a huge collection..."

" Therefore, the picture is not showing me (or taken by me)"

Good thing. Otherwise we would all have to send you invitations to BITE
US.

Yeah, like he COULDN'T be lying! I think that a provisional BITE ME is
definitely in order!

Happy Holidays, Stig.

Likewise!

Ol' Stig's a busy beaver, with his similar posts on rec.skydiving and
rec.climbing and many others.

I've never had spam for Christmas dinner before. Yummy!

Stig's good wishes (he is a regular, although infrequent, poster here)
are not spam. I read 20 different newsgroups and if I were a much nicer
person I might post a similar greeting in each one. Worry about
something else, like Al Quaeda simultaneously bombing every bowl game
and parade on New Year's Day. For once there's a really good reason to
be living in Pavement Ends, Iowa.

Is it only a coincidence that there are going to be several stealth
planes of various sorts flying over the Rose Parade again this year?
Cool to see them actually shoot somebody down, I just hope it isn't over
my house.

--
Cheers, Bev
I can picture a world without war, without hate. I can picture
Old December 24th 03, 11:04 PM
The Real Bev

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

As this so far has happened on at least two different newsgroups this
year, I may concider to not posting any Christmas greetings at all on
the affected newsgroups from next year if my greetings are continued to
be interpreted as spam...

Ignore the jerks. Some people have such perfect lives that they just
have to find SOMETHING to complain about.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 25th 03, 02:40 AM
uglymoney

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:29:52 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

Ol' Stig's a busy beaver, with his similar posts on rec.skydiving and
rec.climbing and many others.

I've never had spam for Christmas dinner before. Yummy!

Stig's good wishes (he is a regular, although infrequent, poster here)
are not spam. I read 20 different newsgroups and if I were a much nicer
person I might post a similar greeting in each one. Worry about
something else, like Al Quaeda simultaneously bombing every bowl game
and parade on New Year's Day. For once there's a really good reason to
be living in Pavement Ends, Iowa.

Yes, I've thought of that. But then again, I can see the
steam rising from the cooling towers of our local glow plant
from my front steps, and our local attack helicopter flys
over my house on the way out for its regular patrols of the
area.

Then again again, the man made cooling reservoir created for
the plant is perfect for kite skiing - or so I've been
hearing. Except when the wind blows too hard, picks you up,
and sets you down in a tree stand somewhere.

Then again, I encourage single woman everywhere to move to
Iowa as a matter of due diligence.

nate
Old December 26th 03, 10:48 AM
BrritSki

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

nafod40 wrote:

This year, I'm posting my Christmas greetings cards to 24 newsgroups...

keep them coming Stig - it's only idiot newbies who don't recognise your
handle.

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to everyone from me too