Intuition Boot Liners

Old December 21st 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MG[_3_]

Default Intuition Boot Liners

Anyone using them?
Old December 21st 10, 08:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 21, 1:08*pm, "MG" wrote:
Anyone using them?

Check with Diaper Bob Thompson. I think they make an adult
incontinence liner.
Old December 21st 10, 08:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/21/10 1:08 PM, MG wrote:
Anyone using them?

Not using them, but have considered them. Fortunately (for me) N.
Tahoe's best bootfitter advised that the inner's tongue was too thick
over the instep to use with my Flexon shells. This was years ago, and
was the lasted inner, not the wrap-around molded version. I came near to
buying some before this money saving advice. A molded wrap-around inner
is standard on some recent Full Tilt shells, so the wrap-around is a
different story.

The point is, you really need to get expert advice on usability in your
particular shells or be prepared to eat the cost if it doesn't work out.
But I'd assume anyone selling them would know about shell fit and be
willing to take them back if they failed on basic shell usability issues?

That said, my boot shop carried Intuition for other customers, and the
liners seem to have a good reputation. Some guys around the locker room
use and like them with no problems. Good longevity, don't seem to break
down too quickly. Like any boot, fit is personal.
Old December 21st 10, 09:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/21/2010 04:08 PM, MG wrote:
Anyone using them?

Two pair of boots.
5 year old Scarpa Tornados came with 'em.
2 year old Dalbello Kryptons were upgraded
at end of last year.

Both pair were fitted by experienced bootfitter
using appropriate padding and hot spot fillers.

Each pair has only been heated once, the Scarpas
5 years ago by Kurt at Northern Ski Works in
Ludlow and the Kryptons by Pat at Sports Odyssey
also in Ludlow (Okemo).

The Scarpas have almost 200 days on them after
heating and are still great. The Dalbellos only
have half a dozen days. The Dalbellos are so
stiff compared to the Scarpas that I buckle them
as loosely as possible and they still perform
perfectly. The Scarpas have lots less stiffness
but are perfect for "working" as I have to walk
a lot in ski boots.

RW
Old December 21st 10, 10:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MG[_3_]

"VtSkier" wrote in message
On 12/21/2010 04:08 PM, MG wrote:
Anyone using them?

Two pair of boots.
5 year old Scarpa Tornados came with 'em.
2 year old Dalbello Kryptons were upgraded
at end of last year.

Both pair were fitted by experienced bootfitter
using appropriate padding and hot spot fillers.

Each pair has only been heated once, the Scarpas
5 years ago by Kurt at Northern Ski Works in
Ludlow and the Kryptons by Pat at Sports Odyssey
also in Ludlow (Okemo).

The Scarpas have almost 200 days on them after
heating and are still great. The Dalbellos only
have half a dozen days. The Dalbellos are so
stiff compared to the Scarpas that I buckle them
as loosely as possible and they still perform
perfectly. The Scarpas have lots less stiffness
but are perfect for "working" as I have to walk
a lot in ski boots.

RW

I have a pair of Tecnica Icon X boots, shells in good condition, but I got a
little frostbite last year so I assumesome breakdown in the liner. I will
have to travel to a shop that sells/fits them, but I can make that happen.
The Tecnicas are pretty stiff too, but I still have that old-school stiff
boot mentality.

You both mention fit issues, which molded boots tend to address. How about
warmth? Especially up there in Vermont, where I hope to go this season?
Thanks for the answers.

mg

Old December 21st 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/21/10 3:33 PM, MG wrote:

How about warmth?

I'm in California. I have no idea.
Old December 22nd 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/21/2010 06:33 PM, MG wrote:

"VtSkier" wrote in message
On 12/21/2010 04:08 PM, MG wrote:
[...]

I don't have issues with warmth, but then I never
have. I think it's in the genes and the fact that
I don't buckle my boot tight enough to make my
eyes bulge.

I have friends that get cold feet with electric
heaters.

RW
Old December 22nd 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 12/21/2010 6:33 PM, MG wrote:

How about warmth?

Keep your core temperature up, ski like you mean it, and wear wool socks
(not too thick though). This works down to about 35 below from my
experience. No experience with Intuition liners myself, but there's no
reason why they wouldn't be plenty warm if you follow the above advice.

//Walt
Old December 22nd 10, 11:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/21/2010 10:44 PM, Walt wrote:
On 12/21/2010 6:33 PM, MG wrote:

How about warmth?

Keep your core temperature up, ski like you mean it, and wear wool socks
(not too thick though). This works down to about 35 below from my
experience. No experience with Intuition liners myself, but there's no
reason why they wouldn't be plenty warm if you follow the above advice.

//Walt

Yup, and as I said, don't buckle your boots
so tight your eyes bulge out.
Old December 22nd 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 21, 6:11*pm, VtSkier wrote:

I don't have issues with warmth, but then I never
have. I think it's in the genes and the fact that
I don't buckle my boot tight enough to make my
eyes bulge.

Some people still don't realize that if you crank that 2nd buckle (on
4 buckle boots) down over your instep you not only flatten your foot
and make it likely to cramp, but you cut off the blood to your toes.
Under those conditions they'd get cold at the beach !!

I like my boots pretty tight. But as I grew to understand the fit, and
had professionals work on that, it became easy to get my foot/boot/ski
to all turn at the same time without "having my eyes bug out".

I don't know MG's experience level. Either on the mountain or in the
ski world in general. I was drenched in both and it was easy and cheap
for me to get there. A ten day per year skier that lives in the city
can get the same thing but it will be more expensive and take some
time and effort.