Annecy area...

Old November 15th 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

Default Annecy area...

Been offered a cheap apartment deal in a village near Annecy - other than La
Clusaz (where I learned may years ago!) does anyone have any experience of
the region?

Old November 16th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
French_Skier

What's the name of the village? It's no good for ski if you are on the
lake's West bank for instance. Traffic around the lake and particularly
Annecy town can be difficult.
In addition to La Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand there are quite a few
little ski areas which are not massive but which have cheap lift passes
and are not busy eg. Manigod, La Croix Fry. These are nice places as
long as you don't want miles of pistes.
Know some very cheap apartment deals in a place called Giez - SE of the
lake.

Old November 16th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

French_Skier wrote:
What's the name of the village? It's no good for ski if you are on the
lake's West bank for instance. Traffic around the lake and
particularly Annecy town can be difficult.
In addition to La Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand there are quite a few
little ski areas which are not massive but which have cheap lift
passes and are not busy eg. Manigod, La Croix Fry. These are nice
places as long as you don't want miles of pistes.
Know some very cheap apartment deals in a place called Giez - SE of
the lake.

The place is called Talloires - as we'll be driving, a tour of all the
smaller areas would be on the cards.....

Old November 16th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
John Wilcock

cupra wrote:
The place is called Talloires - as we'll be driving, a tour of all the
smaller areas would be on the cards.....

Talloires is on the east bank of Annecy lake, so you would have fairly
quick and easy access to a variety of small and medium-sized resorts.

If the road conditions are OK then Manigod, La Croix Fry or
Seythenex-la-Sambuy will be little more than half an hour's drive; La
Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand maybe 45 minutes; Flumet, Notre Dame de
Bellecombe, Crest-Voland about an hour; Les Saisies, Arèches sur
Beaufort or Praz-sur-Arly aren't much further.

For that matter, if you want to drive further you're only an hour from
Moutiers which opens up all manner of possibilities...

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr
Old November 16th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Rob White

We stayed in Talloires at the beginning of June. Nice little village, two
decent cafes for breakfast if you want to eat out, a Spar shop and a number
of very good (and some very pricey!) restaurants. If the skiing is off
because of weather Anney is a shortish drive away, and in the summer there
is a boat service around the lake, but I suspect it will not be running in
the ski season.

Rob

Old November 16th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

Old November 16th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

cupra wrote:
cupra wrote:
Been offered a cheap apartment deal in a village near Annecy - other
than La Clusaz (where I learned may years ago!) does anyone have any
experience of the region?

Thanks to all for info!

Old November 17th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Guillaume Kerrien

John Wilcock a écrit :
cupra wrote:
The place is called Talloires - as we'll be driving, a tour of all the
smaller areas would be on the cards.....

Talloires is on the east bank of Annecy lake, so you would have fairly
quick and easy access to a variety of small and medium-sized resorts.

If the road conditions are OK then Manigod, La Croix Fry or
Seythenex-la-Sambuy will be little more than half an hour's drive; La
Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand maybe 45 minutes; Flumet, Notre Dame de
Bellecombe, Crest-Voland about an hour; Les Saisies, Arèches sur
Beaufort or Praz-sur-Arly aren't much further.

Also try La Giettaz (go to Faverges - Ugine - Flumet then turn left to
La Giettaz). 45 minutes drive.

It's a small resort but the snow is quite often good.