Rule #1

Old April 19th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

Default Rule #1

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:41:05 -0500, (Jeff Davis)
wrote:

Everybody and their dog knows I'm Level III Mountain Guide
Certified by the American Avalanche Institute.

Good thing the dog knows....otherwise nobody at all would give a ****.

bw
Old April 19th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
TheOtherGuy

On Apr 16, 2:41*pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

*Everybody and their dog knows I'm Level III Mountain Guide
Certified by the American Avalanche Institute.

Yet, oddly enough, the American Avalanche Institute apparently doesn't
certify Mountain Guides. It simply teaches avalanche course... one of
which is a Level III Avalanche course that is aimed at aspiring
Mountain Guides because Level III Avalanche certification is one of
the prerequisite for becoming an AMGA Ski Mountaineering Guide.

So, Jeff, are you still saying that you are a certified and licensed
Mountain Guide?

Armin
Old April 19th 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_2_]

TheOtherGuy wrote:
On Apr 16, 2:41 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

Everybody and their dog knows I'm Level III Mountain Guide
Certified by the American Avalanche Institute.

Yet, oddly enough, the American Avalanche Institute apparently doesn't
certify Mountain Guides. It simply teaches avalanche course... one of
which is a Level III Avalanche course that is aimed at aspiring
Mountain Guides because Level III Avalanche certification is one of
the prerequisite for becoming an AMGA Ski Mountaineering Guide.

So, Jeff, are you still saying that you are a certified and licensed
Mountain Guide?

Armin

Well, I looked at the AMGA lists (there are
several, depending on category) and I didn't
find Jeffy's name there.
Old April 20th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
TheOtherGuy wrote:

On Apr 16, 2:41*pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

*Everybody and their dog knows I'm Level III Mountain Guide
Certified by the American Avalanche Institute.

Yet, oddly enough, the American Avalanche Institute apparently doesn't
certify Mountain Guides. It simply teaches avalanche course... one of
which is a Level III Avalanche course that is aimed at aspiring
Mountain Guides because Level III Avalanche certification is one of
the prerequisite for becoming an AMGA Ski Mountaineering Guide.

So, Jeff, are you still saying that you are a certified and licensed
Mountain Guide?

Armin

Jeff? Lying????

Say it isn't so!

:-)

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old April 20th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
VtSkier wrote:

TheOtherGuy wrote:
On Apr 16, 2:41 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

Everybody and their dog knows I'm Level III Mountain Guide
Certified by the American Avalanche Institute.

Yet, oddly enough, the American Avalanche Institute apparently doesn't
certify Mountain Guides. It simply teaches avalanche course... one of
which is a Level III Avalanche course that is aimed at aspiring
Mountain Guides because Level III Avalanche certification is one of
the prerequisite for becoming an AMGA Ski Mountaineering Guide.

So, Jeff, are you still saying that you are a certified and licensed
Mountain Guide?

Armin

Well, I looked at the AMGA lists (there are
several, depending on category) and I didn't
find Jeffy's name there.

Shocked, I am! Shocked, I tell you!

:-)

Old April 20th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:

I haven't had the repair done because my orthopedic surgeon has
suggested that it might not be the best thing for me.

And Baker is still a Level I instructor Alan Baker = Pussy FAIL
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old April 21st 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yadda

on 4/19/09 10:27 AM Walt said the following:
Yadda wrote:
on 4/18/09 8:01 PM Walt said the following:
Yadda wrote:

...no acl repair for you!...

I never stated what you say I did:

Where did I state the ACL repair was not covered?

"no acl repair for you!"

Do you even read the **** you write?

P.S. aF(x) F(ax) and F(x) + F(y) F(x + y) no matter what you
learned in public school.

It does if F() is a linear function. But what is F() here, and what
does it have to do with the topic at hand? Just another red herring as
far as I can see.

//Walt

The "no acl repair for you" was written after you said I was expert on
Canadian health care, plus it was a reference to the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld.

Complex system like stock market, weather, health care market are
non-linear. The two inequalities are the definition of a non-linear
function that could model the stock market etc.
Old April 21st 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Yadda wrote:

... you said I was expert on Canadian health care,

Huh? Where did I say that?

You have a vivid imagination.

Complex system like stock market, weather, health care market are

non-linear.

Ok. It's complex. So is everything else. That doesn't excuse
spreading lies and misinformation.

//Walt
Old April 21st 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yadda

on 4/20/09 8:35 PM Walt said the following:
Yadda wrote:

... you said I was expert on Canadian health care,

Huh? Where did I say that?

You have a vivid imagination.

Complex system like stock market, weather, health care market are

non-linear.

Ok. It's complex. So is everything else. That doesn't excuse
spreading lies and misinformation.

//Walt

Where did I lie? I simply like to bring up complex non-linear systems
because most people assume things around them are linear (housing market
crisis for example) and leads to bad decisions (e.g. buying that McMansion).